This Cherry Almond Bundt Cake recipe has a rich almond and vanilla flavor and loaded with delicious maraschino cherries. It’s a great dessert for any occasion.
I adore bundt cakes and their fun ring shape design. They are easy to cut, fun to make and look so fancy! Some of my favorite past recipes have been our Unicorn Bundt Cake and the Chocolate + Bacon Bundt Cake. But it’s really hard to pick a favorite!
Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
The combination of cherry, vanilla and almond go together so well in this bundt cake. Topping it with a cream cheese glaze really makes it pop.
When you start to make your bundt cake, be sure to first let your butter, eggs and the milk get to room temperature. Don’t be in a hurry. 🙂
Then, mix your wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately before then combining them. Cherries go in last. Be sure to drizzle some of the yummy cherry juice in the batter, too!
Cherry Almond Bundt Cake Tips
- Spoon your batter into the pan instead of pouring it. Doing this keeps less air bubbles from entering.
- Evenly measure out your dry ingredients. Use a knife to level it out evenly. Too much sugar makes the cake fall. Too much flour will dry it out.
- Don’t take it out of the pan too early. Let it fully cool at least 15-20 minutes before turning upside down to take out. You have to be patient with these.
Keep Your Bundt Cake from Sticking
- First thing first, make sure you are using a non-stick pan. If your old pan is looking worn and scratched, it’s time for a new one.
- Spray the entire pan with a non-stick oil spray. Don’t use butter!
- If you aren’t sure you’ve coated every inch of the pan, use a pastry brush to spread it out.
- Very lightly flour the pan.
Enjoy your delicious bundt cake!
Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk room temp
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- 4 cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tsp heavy whipping cream or milk
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Take your bundt pan and grease and flour it completely to ensure proper cooking and non-sticking.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream the butter until smooth.
- Now add the sugar and continue beating it until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the almond extract and mix.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time.
- Making sure each one is mixed, then add the next egg.
- Repeat steps.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Begin to add parts of the dry ingredients and milk, beat until combined.
- Repeat steps until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cherries into a strainer to rinse the juice from the cherries into a large bowl.
- Keep the juice.
- Pour 1/2 of your batter into the bundt cake pan.
- Add your 3/4 of the cherries to the batter and lightly stir.
- Lightly drizzle some of the juice into the bundt pan.
- Lightly stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the batter and repeat the steps with cherries and juice.
- Cover the bundt pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes.
- Remove from bundt pan and let cool.
- Place the cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, to soften.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese, and powdered sugar, stir to combine.
- Add the heavy cream, almond extract and salt and continue to stir until it thickens.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Garnish with sliced almonds