This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake is so good! The recipe is super simple to make and I mean what is better than the combination of caramel and apples? These two flavors together are just perfect! When you add this flavor combination together, well, you get a delicious cheesecake that will melt in your mouth!
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
If you are looking for additional smooth cheesecakes to make for the holidays, I have a few suggestions for your. Our Mini Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecakes are full of pumpkin flavor and the fact they are in miniature form makes them even better! Another decadent holiday cheesecake is our Raspberry Cheesecake. If your heart is set on Caramel Apple Cheesecake and you don’t have an Instant Pot, then make sure to check out this Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe!
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Graham cracker crumbs- This will be used for your base in the recipe.
- Pretzels- You will need to have your pretzels finely crushed.
- Brown sugar- This sugar will add richness to your recipe.
- Butter- You will need unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Apples- You will need to have your apples peeled and diced.
- Granulated sugar- Every great dessert adds sugar to the recipe.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon and Apples are a great combination for a recipe.
- Cream cheese- You will need your cream cheese to be softened or at room temperature.
- Apple cider- You can use apple juice as a substitute.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Sour cream- This will add moisture to your recipe without thinning the batter.
- Caramel candy- You will need to have at least 24 squares for this recipe. (such as Kraft Caramels)
- Salt- This needs to be flaked and the salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Water- This will be placed at the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Cream- You can also use half and half.
- Pecans- You can have them chopped or pecan halves (optional).
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Use the baking spray to lightly spray an 8-inch springform pan.
Take out parchment paper and cut out a circle to shape the bottom of the pan, then place the paper at the bottom.
Add the graham crackers and pretzel crumbs into a medium bowl and combine.
Mix the butter and sugar into the bowl and use a fork to mix until a wet sand consistency is made.
Pour the mixture into a pan and then press into the pan and raise the sides of the pan about 3/4 inches.
Then, put the crust into the freezer to set and begin to prepare your apples and filling.
Combine the peeled and diced apples with the sugar and cinnamon and mix. Set aside.
Add the cream cheese into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a stand or hand mixer. Scrap the excess cream cheese on the sides with a spatula.
Mix in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat for about 2 mins.
Pour in the cider, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix until fully combined.
One at a time, add in the eggs and beat on low until combined.
Mix in the sour cream and beat on low until combined.
Add in the prepared apples and gently fold to combine.
Dump the fillings into the pan.
Place foil on top and seal the edges.
Place 1 1/2 c. of water into the bottom of your IP.
Put the cheesecake on the trivet or sling and then slowly put it into the pot.
Cook your cheesecake based on the instructions on your IP. Place on high pressure and cook for 35 minutes. After the time is up, let it manually release. The center of the cheesecake should be jiggly, if your cheesecake is too loose, then you will need to cook for another 5 mins. After your cheesecake is done, place it on a wire rack and allow it to cool for about 2 hours or until the edges begin to pull away from the cheesecake. Use a knife to run along the bottom and take out the cheesecake from the pan.
Add the water and the caramels into a pan and melt at a low temperature and stir regularly until smooth. (Can do this in the microwave in short increments until melted if you like.) Let the mixture cool until it begins to thicken a bit. When pouring it should come out consistently, but not like a liquid. If it becomes too thick, then add a bit of cream to thin it.
Slowly pour evenly over the top of your finished cheesecake and allow it to drip down the sides. Add some flaky salt on top and place some chopped pecans or pecan halves on top if you would like.
What Apples are Best for This Cheesecake?
Some of the best apples to use for any dessert are the large sweet and crunchy apples. This Caramel Apple Cheesecake uses two different options for apples that you can use. You can use either Granny Smith Apples or Honey Crisp for the best texture and taste.
What Size pan do I Use for Instant Pot Cheesecake?
The size of the pan you use for this Caramel Apple Cheesecake depends on the Instant Pot you have. The Instant pot usually uses about a 6-7-inch pan. You could use a larger size, but it will be more difficult to use.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Instant Pot Caramel Eggnog Cheesecake
- Blueberry Muffin Cheesecake Pie
- Instant Pot Malted Cheesecake
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Swiss Cake Roll Cheesecake (No-Bake)
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 24 squares caramel candy such as Kraft Caramels
- 1 tbsp flaked salt
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp cream or half and half
- 1 c chopped pecans or pecan halves optional
- Lightly spray an 8-inch springform pan with baking spray
- Cut a circle of parchment paper the size of the bottom of the pan and place it in the pan.
- Using a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and pretzel crumbs. Add in butter and sugar and mix with a fork until the consistency of wet sand.
- Add mixture to pan and press firmly into the bottom and about ¾" up the sides of the pan.
- Place crust in freezer while preparing apples and filling.
- Mix peeled and diced apples with the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy. Make sure to scrape bowl to get all the cream cheese mixed.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix for approx. 2 min.
- Add cider, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing each on low until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and mix on low until combined and batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in prepared apples.
- Pour filling into prepared pan and cover pan with foil, sealing edges.
- Add 1½ c. of water to bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place cheesecake pan on trivet or sling and lower into pot.
- Seal pot according to your instructions. Cook on high pressure for 35 min, allow to sit for 10 min, then manually release. Cheesecake should jiggle a bit in the middle. If too loose, cook for an additional 5 min. Place on wire rack, in pan to cool for at least two hours or until you notice the sides of pan pulling away from the cheesecake. Run a knife around pan edges and remove cheesecake from pan.
- Place caramels and water in pan and heat over low temperature on stove top, stirring constantly until smooth and melted. (Can do in microwave in short increments until melted if you like.) Allow to cool until thickened a bit. It should be a pouring consistency but not too liquid. If too thick, add a little of the cream to thin.
- Pour caramel over top of cheesecake and allow to drip down the sides. Sprinkle flaked salt across the top evenly. Place pecan halves or chopped pecans over top of caramel if you choose.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.