This Grinch Mug Cake is a quick and easy-to-make recipe that has a vibrant green color with adorable red hearts on top.
Holiday Quick Cake
This is such a cute recipe that doesn’t require too many ingredients and is incredibly simple to throw together. This is a recipe that you need if you are feeling the Holiday fever! You can serve this while watching the movie for a delicious treat. This recipe is festive and something the kids will adore!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use all-purpose flour with baking soda to allow the cake to rise in the microwave.
Food Coloring Gel: You will need lime green gel to get that super vibrant Grinch color!
Toppings: I like to add homemade whipped cream on top with adorable little red hearts.
How To Make Grinch Mug Cake
Step 1. Add the milk, oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and food coloring into a heat-safe 12-ounce mug and combine. Place in the microwave for 1 minute to cook. Take it out and look to see if it still jiggles, is shiny, or is runny, if so, place it back in for an additional 10 seconds.
Step 2. Take it out and allow it to cool slightly for 2 minutes before topping it with whipped cream and little red grinch hearts. Enjoy!
Can I Use Other Dishes To Make This Grinch Mug Cake In?
As long as your dish is microwave-safe and around the same size as a 12-ounce mug, you can absolutely use it. You could double or cut the ingredients in half depending on the size of the dish.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a 12-ounce mug, make sure to not over fill the mug or it will overflow.
- The cook time may vary depending on the type of microwave you have.
- Feel free to add white chocolate chips or red and green sprinkles to make it more festive and delicious.
More Grinch Recipes:
Grinch Mug Cake
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 6 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Lime Green Food Coloring Gel
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Whipped Cream Redi Whip or Cool Whip
- Red Grinch Hearts
- In a 12 ounce Microwave safe Mug, add Milk, Oil, Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Vanilla, and Food Coloring.
- Stir well to combine, and place in Microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove Mug from Microwave, and if the top is a little jiggly, or looks really shiny, or half way runny, place the Mug back in the Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Remove from Microwave, and let stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Then top with Whipped Cream, or Cool Whip, and Red Grinch Hearts. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.