Grinch Oreo Pops are easy to make and are a delicious treat. It doesn’t get any better than these chocolate treats. With a rich chocolate coating, these Oreo pops are the perfect Christmas dessert. Make this Grinch recipe for a dessert at home or to give as gifts. You can even serve them at your next party or get together, and they will be gone in no time!
Grinch Christmas Oreo Pops
Grinch Christmas Oreo Pops are the perfect holiday treat that everyone will enjoy. You can make them with your kids or even by yourself. It doesn’t matter how old you are because they are super easy to make and taste delicious! Everyone know there is nothing better than Oreo desserts, like Oreo Fluff or Peppermint Oreo Balls
What You Need to Make Grinch Pops?
Here is everything you’ll need to make these yummy Grinch Oreo Pops. Check down below the complete recipe card with amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Oreos– I am using the regular Oreos but any flavor will work. Change up the flavor of the Oreos for delicious variations.
- Chocolate coating– Vibrant Green Candy Melts and Coconut Oil are combined to make the chocolate coating on the Oreos.
- Large Red Heart Sprinkles– You need the heart to bring together the Grinch look.
There are a few other supplies that you will need. You will be able to find them in the recipe card below.
What if I Don’t have a Frosting Bag?
You do not have to use a frosting bag when you are making Grinch Oreo Pops. You can easily cut off the tip of a gallon size Ziploc bag and place your Oreos in it. Then melt your chocolate candy melts and carefully pour the chocolate into the baggie. A frosting bag is the easiest but with practice, the baggie works just as well.
How to Make Grinch Oreo Pops?
Step 1- Prepping the pan.
Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
Step 2- Preparing the Oreos.
Separate the Oreo’s leaving the cream on one side, then arrange onto the prepared baking pan.
Step 3- Melting the candy melts.
In a heat-safe bowl, put in the candy melts and heat on high for 3 minutes until fully melted. Be sure to mix the chocolate about every 15-30 seconds. Pour in the coconut oil and combine until smooth.
Step 4- Adding the sticks.
Place one sucker stick into each Oreo about halfway into the filling in the center. Press the stick into the filling and place the one side of the Oreo back on top. Place the Oreos into the fridge until hardened (about 5 minutes).
Step 5- Dipping.
Fill a tall cup with the melted chocolate and dip the Oreo into the chocolate until fully coated. Use your hand to gently tap the side of the cup to remove excess chocolate, then tap the stick gently on a counter to smooth out the chocolate. Set the Oreo pops onto the prepared sheet and chill for 10 minutes in the fridge or until firm.
Step 6- Decorating.
Add the rest of the melted chocolate into a piping bag and cut a small piece of the corner off at a 45-degree angle. Drizzle each Oreo with the chocolate and right away press the tiny heart on top in the upper-right corner.
Step 7- Serve
Before serving, place the Oreo pops into the fridge for an additional 5 minutes until firm. Enjoy!
How to Store The Oreo Pops
You can store these Grinch Oreo Pops at room temperature up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container.
You can also place the Grinch Oreo Pops in individual plastic dessert bags. This is a great way to give these pops as gifts or to use on a dessert table. This works for using these treats for bake sales.
More Grinch Recipes:
Grinch Oreo Pops
- 15 Oreos
- 12 Ounces Vibrant Green Candy Melts
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Large Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pull one side of each Oreo off and line it up on your baking sheet.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and cook them on high for around 3 minutes or until melted. Be sure to pause and stir every 15-30 seconds so they don’t burn.
- Add your coconut oil to the chocolate and stir well.
- Dip each sucker stick about half an inch into the chocolate and place it a little under halfway up the Oreo filling, directly in the middle, and press it into the filling. Place the tops back on the Oreo.
- Chill for about 5 minutes or until hardened.
- Place the melted chocolate in a tall cup and dip each Oreo into the chocolate, completely covering it.
- Lightly tap the stick on the side of the cup to get rid of excess chocolate, then lightly tap the bare bottom of the stick onto the counter to flatten out chocolate.
- Place back on the sheet and chill for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Place the remaining melted chocolate in a frosting bag and snip a very small portion off the end of the bag at a 45-degree angle.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of each Oreo and immediately press a heart in the upper-right corner of each Oreo.
- Chill for another 5 minutes or until hardened. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Sucker Sticks
- Frosting Bag
- Baking sheet
- Tall Cup
- Small Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Rubber spatula
Be careful to not get giant sucker sticks. Be sure to get sticks that match your smaller treat.
Your Oreo top will feel like it’s not stable when you place it over the sucker stick. It’s ok, just make sure it’s even, and it will stick perfectly fine once the chocolate dries underneath it.
If your chocolate dries too quickly for the heart to stick, you can use a dab of chocolate placed on the back of the sprinkle to hold it in place.
You should be fine using double stuffed Oreos. As long as the stick is coated in chocolate and allowed to dry, the thickness of the cookie shouldn’t be an issue. However, be sure there is some chocolate for the top portion of the cookie to rest against when it’s put back. This will ensure the effectiveness of the recipe.