This Grinch Milkshake is the perfect Holiday treat for adults made with mint ice cream, Kahlua, white chocolate, sprinkles, red heart candies, and a cherry on top!
Grinch Ice Cream Shake
This milkshake is simple, delicious, and a little boozy! I love serving this recipe on Christmas because its vibrant green color fits the Holidays theme perfectly. The Red Grinch heart adds a great touch along with a maraschino cherry on top. This tastes so good and can easily become a favorite! You will be making this recipe every year on Christmas.
Want to make this for the Kids?
Simply leave out the Kahlua and they can enjoy this fun Grinch shake as well!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Kahlua: Use this to add a boozy kick to the milkshake or remove it if you prefer to not have a boozy milkshake.
Ice Cream: I love using Haagen-Dazs Mint Chip Ice cream for this recipe. It adds to the green color and fits the best in my opinion for flavor.
White Chocolate: You will use white chocolate almond bark to coat the rim of the glass to decorate it with bright green sprinkles and Red Grinch Hearts.
Food Coloring Gel: To add a brighter color to the recipe, I like to add a few drops of neon green food coloring gel.
Red-Whip Whipped Cream: Use this or homemade whipped cream to add on top of the finished milkshake along with one or two maraschino cherries.
How To Make Grinch Milkshake
Step 1. Place the white chocolate into a medium shallow dish and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. You will want to stop halfway through to mix. The time may vary depending on the microwave you have, so make sure the chocolate is fully melted. In another shallow dish, put in the green sprinkles and dip the rim of the milkshake glass into the melted chocolate before dipping in the sprinkles. Set the glass in the freezer to chill and set while you prepare the milkshake.
Step 2. Add the Milk, Kahlua, Ice Cream, and Green Food Coloring Gel into a large pitcher and combine with a wooden spoon until thick. Take the prepared glass out of the freezer and add the mixture into the glass filling to the top. Scoop a good amount of whipped cream on top with a few red grinch hearts, and a maraschino cherry on top. Serve with a festive straw and enjoy!
What Toppings To Put On This Grinch Milkshake?
I love topping this recipe with all sorts of things! I prefer a heaping spoonful of whipped cream on top, cherries, sprinkles, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, etc.
Can I Use Other Kinds Of Ice Cream?
This milkshake wouldn’t be the same without its delicious mint ice cream. It not only fits well with the other flavors but also adds to the bright green color of the recipe. But, you can use vanilla ice cream or another type of light-colored ice cream and add green food coloring to get that Grinch Color.
More Milkshake Recipes:
- Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
- Oreo Milkshake Recipe
- Boozy M&M Milkshake
- Salted Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 2 scoops Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 2 Squares White Chocolate Almond Bark melted – to rim glasses
- Sprinkles Bright Green
- Food Coloring Gel Neon Green
- Red Grinch Hearts
- Whipped Cream to top
- Maraschino Cherries to top
- In a medium shallow dish, melt the White Chocolate Almond Bark in the Microwave for 30 seconds, stopping halfway to stir. (Depending on your microwave, time may vary, just continue until the chocolate is completely melted)
- Place the Sprinkles in a shallow dish, and dip the Milkshake Glass in the melted White Chocolate, and immediately in the Sprinkle Mix, to rim the Glass. Place the Glass in the freezer to set the Chocolate.
- In a large pitcher, place the Milk, Kahlua, Ice Cream, and Green Food Coloring Gel, and stir with a Wooden Spoon until well mixed, and thick. Remove the Glass from the freezer, and pour the Milkshake into the Glass, filling the Glass.
- Add a generous amount of the Whipped Cream on top of the Milkshake, and place the Red Grinch hearts all over the Whipped cream, and place a Maraschino Cherry on top. Add a festive straw, Serve, and Enjoy!
- Festive Green Straws