Heaven On Earth Cake (No-Bake)
Heaven On Earth Cake is a no-bake dessert with delicious layers of cake, vanilla pudding, cherries and cool whip. It is so dang good that everyone calls it Heaven on Earth!
No-bake desserts are a favorite of mine all year round, but especially in the Summer months when the last thing I want to do heat the oven. If you are looking for more sweet treats to make for your Summer get-togethers, this one should go on your list stat!
Heaven On Earth Cake
This dessert comes together really quick but you will have to be patient while it sets up in the fridge. My tip is to make your cake in the morning so you’ll have plenty of time before your party/BBQ/dinner. It really is worth the wait as the angel food cake soaks up all the flavors of the cherry pie filling and vanilla pudding. Yum!
- Angel Food Cake – chopped into chunks about an 1″ wide.
- Cherry Pie Filling – if cherries aren’t your thing you can switch to another flavor like strawberry.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix – one box.
- Milk – to mix up the pudding.
- Sour Cream – this thickens up the pudding mix.
- Cool Whip – one container to top off the cake.
- Slivered Almonds – if you have a nut allergy or just don’t like almonds, you can leave these out.
How To Make Heaven On Earth Cake
One – Place half of your cake on the bottom of a cake pan.
Two – Layer 2/3 of the pie filling evenly over the cake.
Three – Put the rest of the cake over the pie filling.
Four – Mix the pudding, milk and sour cream together until it is thick and smooth.
Five – Pour the pudding mixture evenly over the cake.
Six – Top it off with the cool whip and then the rest of the cherry pie filling.
Seven – Chill your cake in the fridge for 4-6 hours and add the almonds before serving.
The size of the baking dish you use depends on how you like the cake. Use a big, 9×13 if you like the cake to be a bit more loose and “sloppy”.
If you prefer a really tightly condensed cake that will give you clean cut lines like the photos above, use a 8×8 or 9×9. Also, for that compact type of cake consistency, we recommend an additional 30 minutes in the freezer after it has set.
More No-Bake Desserts To Try Next
Heaven on Earth Cake
- 1 angel food cake cut into one inch squares
- 1 can of cherry pie filling 18-21 ounces
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix 3.6 ounces
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1- 8 ounce tub cool whip
- ¼ cup slivered or sliced almonds optional
- Place half of the bites of angel food cake in the bottom of an 8x8, 9x9, or 9x13 cake pan or pyrex dish.
- Pour ⅔ of the pie filling over the angel food cake, and spread evenly.
- Cover the pie filling with the other half of the cubed angel food cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, and sour cream. It will slowly begin to thicken, and should be smooth.
- Pour the pudding over the cake and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top the cake with cool whip, and then add the remaining cherry pie filling. You can put it all in the center of the cake, or drop it in spoonfuls and swirl together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Top with almonds before serving if desired.