If you’re in search of a truly decadent and mouthwatering treat, look no further than the strawberry heaven on earth cake. This delectable dessert is a surefire winner, featuring luscious layers of moist angel food cake, velvety vanilla pudding, delightful strawberry pie filling, and heavenly whipped cream.
What is Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake?
Heaven on Earth Cake, in this case Strawberry flavored, is a delightful no bake dessert that combines layers of light and fluffy angel food cake with creamy fillings and strawberries. The cake typically has layers of angel food cake, custard and pie filling. This cake can be made with other flavors. I also love making Cherry Heaven On Earth Cake using cherry pie filling.
The layers are, then, typically assembled in a trifle dish or a cake pan, allowing the cake to be sliced into beautiful layers when served. It’s a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of strawberries and cream, creating a heavenly experience for your taste buds.
What You’ll Need
Here is a basic list of Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake ingredients.
- For the filling: Instant vanilla pudding mix, whole milk, and sour cream is used for the pudding layer.
- Angel food cake– Use premade angel food cake or homemade using Instant Pot Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry pie filling– Use Homemade Strawberry Pie Filling or store bought.
- Whipped Cream- use Cool Whip or make our easy Homemade Whipped Cream.
How to Make Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake
Make filling and start filling the baking dish. Combine the filling ingredients. Cut the angel food cake into cubes and place them on the bottom of the baking pan.
Make the layers. Then, spread some of the strawberry pie filling on top using a spatula and add more cake on top. Next, add the vanilla pudding mixture and then add Cool Whip on top. Add spoonfuls of remaining pie filling over the cake and swirl. Refrigerate overnight to allow to set. Sprinkle with sliced almonds when serving.
Doubling the Recipe
If doubling the recipe, use a 10×15 baking pan and these measurements for ingredients:
- 5.1 ounce packet instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups whole cold milk
- 1 ½ cups sour cream OR greek yogurt
- 2 14 ounce store bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 32 ounce can strawberry pie filling
- 12 ounce Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons almond slivers
Substitutions and Variations
Feel free to experiment and customize your Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake with these substitutions and additions:
- PIE FILLING: Instead of strawberry pie filling, there are plenty of other delicious fruit filling options to choose from. Consider raspberry, blueberry, cherry, apple pie filling. Even lemon will work.
- PUDDING: When changing the filling, you can also explore different pudding flavors. The possibilities are endless with this cake!
- CAKE: If you’re looking to switch things up, you can replace the plain angel food cake with alternatives such as pound cake, chocolate cake, vanilla sponge cake, or even brownies.
- SOUR CREAM: Alternatively, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream if desired.
- COOL WHIP: If you prefer homemade whipped cream, it can be used in place of the whipped topping without any issues.
- NUTS: To add a delightful crunch, you can sprinkle thinly sliced almonds or any other type of chopped nut on top of the cake.
- ALCOHOL: For an adult version of the cake, if serving to adults, you could soak the cake cubes in sherry or wine before assembling for a grown-up twist. This adds a subtle boozy flavor to the dessert.
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES: Top the cake with fresh strawberries to bring in an additional decoration and fresh taste.
More No Bake Desserts
- Strawberry Lemon Icebox Dessert (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert
- No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Strawberry Heaven On Earth Cake
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream OR greek yogurt
- 14 ounce angel food cake cut into 1-inch cubes, store bought or homemade
- 21 ounce strawberry pie filling
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons almond slivers
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding, milk, and sour cream until smooth and fully incorporated and it begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and then evenly layer half of it into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread about ⅔ of the strawberry pie filling on top and then layer the remaining angel food cake over it.
- Evenly spread all of the vanilla pudding mixture over the cake layer and then top it with the Cool Whip.
- Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake. You can spread it around and make some swirls if you desire.
- Place in the refrigerator uncovered to chill for 4-6 hours, or even overnight for a more flavorful and moist cake. Refrigerating it will also help the layers to set.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with slivered almonds. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 9×13 baking pan (if doubling the recipe, use a 10×15 baking pan)
- Mixing bowl
2 cups whole milk
1 ½ cups sour cream OR greek yogurt
2 14 ounce store bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
32 ounce can strawberry pie filling
12 ounce Cool Whip
3 tablespoons almond slivers READER NOTES If using homemade cake, allow it to fully cool before cutting into cubes and layering the cake. Use a serrated knife with a sawing motion to cut the pieces without flattening it. This is the perfect cake to make ahead for parties. You can make it the night before and allow all of the flavors to really soak in. The cake also becomes more moist. Instead of layering it in a baking pan, you can also use a trifle bowl. It really is a strawberry trifle! Easily switch up the flavors of this cake by using different flavored pie fillings. Cherry, blueberry, raspberry, mixed berry medley, and even peach pie filling are great options.