With layers of banana pudding, sliced bananas, pineapple, cherries, and more, this No Bake Banana Split Pie recipe features all the flavors of a classic banana split. Easy to prepare with no oven required!
No Bake Banana Split Pie Recipe
If you love a classic banana split, then you’re going to love this no bake banana split pie. It’s made with banana pudding, fresh banana slices, crushed pineapple, fudge, cherries, and more to offer all the best flavors of a banana split, without the ice cream.
We love to serve this banana split pie during the summer. It’s perfect for cookouts and other gatherings and it’s always a hit. It would be a fun treat for someone’s birthday too!
Looking for other banana split dessert ideas? Try my no bake banana split cake too!
Why You’ll Love This Banana Dessert
Here are a few reasons this banana split dessert is one of our favorites.
- Completely no bake. There is absolutely 0 baking required in this recipe. In fact, the only equipment needed is a mixer to beat the ingredients.
- All the flavors of a banana split. This dessert features all the classic flavors and toppings of a banana split, from fresh bananas to maraschino cherries.
- Perfect for making in advance. This no bake pie is best when it’s able to chill overnight, which means it’s the ideal dessert for preparing in advance.
What You’ll Need
This no bake dessert is made with many of the same ingredients as a classic banana split. See the recipe card below for more measurements.
- Graham crackers – Crushed into crumbs to create the crust for the pie.
- Butter – Unsalted butter holds the crumbs together.
- Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature so it combines easily.
- Powdered sugar – Sweetens the cream cheese filling.
- Banana pudding – Be sure to use instant pudding. You’ll need just the powder, not the prepared pudding.
- Bananas – Slices of yellow, ripe bananas make up a layer of this pie.
- Pineapple – A classic banana split ingredient. Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple first.
- Toppings – Whipped topping, walnuts, and cherries are added to the pie before serving.
- Cherries– You will need maraschino cherries.
How to Make Banana Split Pie
This banana split pie recipe makes an easy no bake dessert with all the flavors of a classic banana split.
- Make the pie crust. Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse. Press the crumbs into a pie pan. Refrigerate.
- Make the banana mixture. Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the banana pudding. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Chill. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add the toppings. Add a layer of banana slices and the pineapple, then add the whipped topping, fudge, sprinkles, walnuts, and cherries. Chill in the fridge or freezer to set. Then slice and enjoy!
Tips & Variations
Here are a few things to keep in mind when preparing this banana split dessert.
- Press the crumbs firmly into the pan. Use your fingers or the bottom of a glass to firmly press the crumbs into the pan. If they’re not packing in well, the crust will crumble when you serve this pie.
- Use vanilla pudding. If you don’t have banana cream pudding on hand or you prefer less of a banana flavor, you can use instant vanilla pudding in place of the banana cream pudding.
- Add the toppings before serving. Wait to add the whipped topping and other garnishes until 30 minutes before serving, as the whipped cream can melt.
Can This Be Prepared In Advance?
Absolutely. In fact, you have to. But while 4 to 6 hours in advance is required so the pie can set, I definitely recommend preparing a day before and chilling it overnight, to give it plenty of time to set.
- Fridge. No bake banana split pie will last for 2-3 days in the fridge. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or keep it in an airtight container.
More Pie Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Smores Hand Pies
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Lemon Easy Chess Pie
Banana Split Pie
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 1 box banana pudding 4.6 oz
- 3 bananas
- 15.25 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained & pat dried
- In a food processor or a plastic bag, pulse or crush graham crackers until crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse or mix until combined.
- Transfer crumbs to a 9” pie pan and refrigerates until needed.
- In a large or medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Add banana pudding and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pie crust and refrigerate until ready to serve (4-6 hours) or overnight (that way your bananas don’t turn brown).
- To finish the pie, add a layer of bananas on top of the pudding and then a layer of crushed pineapple.
- Top with whipped topping, drizzle the fudge and sprinkle walnuts and cherries on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or put in the freezer to set.
- Serve immediately.