Do you want to enjoy a new and improved jelly recipe to put on your morning toast or even try with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? This Instant Pot Apple Jelly is a wonderful choice to share with your friends and family.
Instant Pot Apple Jelly Recipe
This Instant Pot Apple Jelly recipe only has a few ingredients and the directions are simple to follow. This Jelly recipe is a sweet burst of flavor and you can make it and have it in no time for any meal. Be sure to write this one down for an amazing twist to any recipe!
- Gala Jazz or Granny Smith apples- Make sure they are skinned, washed, diced, seeds removed.
- Sugar- This is the sweetness in the jelly
- Honey-This adds amazing flavor as well as sweetness.
- Lemon juice- This will add a light sour flavor to your jelly.
- Cornstarch- The cornstarch will help with the thickness.
- Water- This will help with the thickness of the jelly.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Jelly Recipe
Dice your apples and place them in your IP.
Add sugar, honey, and lemon and let the mixture sit for 30 mins.
Mix your ingredients and seal the lid until the IP beeps and locks.
Set the pressure valve to ‘VENTING’ and set to manual and let sit for 1 minute.
Let it release manually after its done.
Stir the jelly once you open the top of the IP.
Take out of the IP and strain your apples using a cheesecloth and be sure to collect the juice.
Don’t press to much or the juice will get cloudy. Then, put the juice back in the IP.
Mix the cornstarch with the water in a separate bowl until completely blended. Then, add your mixture to the jelly and stir.
Set the IP to ‘SAUTE’ and boil the jelly and you want to continuously stir it.
When it starts to boil, turn the IP off and continue mixing the apple mixture until it starts the thicken.
Set aside and let the mixture cool.
When it starts to cool, add the mixture to desired containers and place in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
You can also add to your freezer for up to 12 months longer.
Before using your jelly, take out of the freezer 15 minutes beforehand. After removal and defrosting, place untouched portion immediately back into the freezer.
How Long is Apple Jelly Good When Refrigerated?
Depending on how long you want your jelly to last, you can choose to place in the freezer or fridge. Refrigeration of your jelly will make it last up to 3 weeks. Make sure you store it correctly, in an airtight container.
How Can I Preserve This for Long Term Storage?
For long-term preservation of your jelly is quite simple. You can place your jelly in the freezer and make sure they are stored correctly. When stored correctly they will last for about 12 months, but when you take them out, be sure to place the unused jelly immediately back to keep from disturbing the preserving time.
More Jelly and Jam Recipes
Instant Pot Apple Jelly Recipe
- Put the diced apples in the Instant Pot
- Add sugar, honey, and lemon juice to apples, and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes
- Stir the mixture, and close the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the pressure valve is on 'VENTING' and press the Manual button, and set the time for 1 minute
- Manually Release Pressure after cooking is done.
- Open the lid and stir the Jelly
- Remove from the Instant Pot and strain the apples with a cheesecloth and collect the apple juice
- Don’t press the apples too much because that can cloud the apple juice. We want the jelly to look clear
- Place the apple juice back into the Instant pot
- In a separate bowl, Mix the cornstarch with the water until completely blended, and pour into the Jelly and stir
- Turn the Instant Pot to 'SAUTE' and boil the Jelly, stirring constantly.
- When the Jelly begins to boil, turn off the Instant Pot, and continue to stir until Jelly begins to thicken
- Allow Jelly to cool
- When Jelly begins to cool, pour into desired containers
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or freeze for up to 12 months
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before using, and immediately return any unused portion to the freezer
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.