If you love making homemade jam, you are going to love this Instant Pot Cherry Jam recipe. This jam is absolutely delicious and incredibly easy to make. Made with fresh cherries and sweetened with lemon, this is a tasty healthier jam than store bought.
Instant Pot Cherry Jam Recipe
Instant Pot Cherry Jam is made with only 4 ingredients. Store the cherry jam in the refrigerator, freeze a batch or can it and store it on a pantry shelf. You are going to love this delicious homemade jam.
- Fresh cherries- Frozen cherries will use in a pinch.
- Lemon– This will be used in your mixture and adds great flavor.
- Honey- The honey will add a natural sweetener to your recipe.
- Pectin- This will bind your ingredients to make a gel.
How to Make Instant Pot Cherry Jam
Be sure to rinse your cherries and take the pits out, then set aside.
Turn your instant pot to sauté.
Pour honey into the instant pot and cook it until its melted, then turn your pot off.
Take each of your cherries, lemon juice, and packaged pectin and add it to the pot.
Mix in cherries until all your ingredients are combined.
Turn your Instant Pot back on, and for 5 minutes put on manual high pressure.
Seal the valve by putting on the lid and closing it.
To release the pressure naturally, allow it to release for 8 minutes.
Then gently open, and slowly allow the remaining pressure to release.
Place your jam into a small mixing bowl and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
When ready, place the jam into glass jars of your choice and make sure to properly seal the jars as directed..
Then set in your refrigerator.
How Do I Remove Pits From Cherries?
To remove the pits from your cherries is quite simple. You can buy a cherry pit remover from a store for quick and easy removal and follow the directions. Another option is to use your clean and washed hands to remove the stem, then place your fingers on each side of the top of your cherry and pull apart gently and set the seed aside to grow in your garden or toss away.
How Long is Cherry Jam Good When Refrigerated?
For the best way to track how long it is good for, be sure to label with the name and date. Now, a jar that is placed in the refrigerator will last 3 to 6 months. You can also freeze the jam to store it for a year. Can the jam and it can last even longer.
Instant Pot Cherry Jam
- 1 lb. fresh cherries pits removed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 package package pectin
- Clean, pit, your cherries.
- Set to the side.
- Place your instant pot on sauté.
- Add in the honey to the instant pot.
- Cook until melted.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add in the cherries, lemon juice, and the pectin powder.
- Stir cherries to combine all ingredients.
- Turn your Instant Pot back on, and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Place the lid on, seal the valve.
- Allow to naturally release for 8 minutes.
- Open, and allow the rest of the pressure to release.
- Remove the jam into a small bowl and allow it to sit until it is at room temperature
- Add the jam into glass jars and properly seal as directed.
- Place in your refrigerator.