With a sweet and spicy flavor, the Instant Pot Mixed Cherry Berry Jam has a unique flavor that is going to be a well loved recipe. Serve it as an appetizer or as a sauce to create amazing flavor.
Mixed Cherry Berry Jam
This Mixed Cherry Berry Jam is absolutely amazing. Serve it over cracker with cheese or add it to a sandwich. You can store it in the refrigerator or can it and give it as gifts.
- Jalapeno Peppers- The peppers add heat to the jam.
- Blackberries– Blackberries adds a nice balance to the peppers.
- Cherries- The sweetness of the cherries add an amazing flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Vinegar adds a bite that cuts through the sweetness.
- Granulated Sugar- The sugar adds sweetness to make this taste like jam
- Certo Fruit Pectin- Pectin brings the jam together and gives it the jelly texture.
How to Make an Mixed Cherry Berry Jam
Combine the cherries, blackberries and jalapenos together with the sugar and place it in the Instant Pot.
Let it sit together for 30 minutes and then add the apple cider vinegar and stir together.
Place the lid on top and make sure it is set to sealing.
Set it for manual high heat for 1 minute and then allow a 15 minute natural release.
Mash the mixture together or use a hand blender.
Turn the Instant Pot onto saute and allow the pepper jam to boil.
Add the pectin, mix well and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
Turn off the Instant Pot and allow it to cool completely.
Once it is cooled, move it to jars and seal.
How Long is Homemade Jam Good?
When the jam is made and stored in the refrigerated it will last up to 2 months. If you use a canning method, the jam can have a shelf life of 2 years.
What Peppers go Into Pepper Jam?
This recipe is a simple pepper jam and it uses jalapeno peppers. You could change this for a spicier pepper if you prefer. I think the jalapenos give the right amount heat to the jam.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Mixed Cherry Berry Jam
- 5 whole Jalapeno Peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Blackberries washed and pat dry
- 2 cups cherries stem and seed removed
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 package Certo Fruit Pectin
- Mix the cherries, blackberries, and jalapeños with sugar in the instant pot
- Let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the Apple cider to the fruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Close the lid on the instant pot and close the valve to the sealed position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 1 minute.
- Release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Carefully release the valve and remove the lid.
- Using a hand blender blend / mash mixture until well mixed.
- Turn Instant Pot to ‘saute’ function and allow the pepper jam to come to a boil.
- Add your pectin to the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled then pour into jars, and seal.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.