Instant Pot Box Cake Recipe
How to make an Instant Pot Box Cake, so easy! This triple chocolate cake is so moist and delicious and turns out perfect using the Instant Pot. It is so simple to make, whip it together for friends and family, or for a delicious weeknight dessert.
Instant Pot Box Cake
I love chocolate. I have to say I am a true chocoholic. This Instant Pot Box Cake is simply perfection. I love how easy it is to make and whenever I make it for guests, they can not stop raving about it.
- Triple chocolate cake mix- Using a cake mix saves time but you can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe too.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs
- Water- This is the water that the cake mix calls for
- Oil- You can use vegetable or canola
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- You can also use milk chocolate chips too.
- Heavy whipping cream- This is used for making the ganache
- Mini chocolate chips- These are used for decoration.
How to Make a Box Cake in an Instant Pot
Mix the cake mix and the cake ingredients together in a large bowl.
Prepare a 7 inch bundt pan.
Fill the pan 3/4 of the way full.
Place 1 cup of water inside the Instant Pot and then place the trivet inside.
Make a sling for the pan and then lower it into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and set the pressure time for 35 minutes.
Allow for a quick release.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30 to 60 minutes.
Make the ganache by heating heaving cream until it is slightly boiling.
Place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl and let it sit for a minute.
Whisk it together and then pour it over the cake.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips over the cake.
What Chocolates are in This Cake?
This cake is made with a triple chocolate cake mix. This is a rich chocolate cake that is then covered with chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips.
What Size Bundt Pan Fits Inside an Instant Pot?
I am using a 7 inch pan. You can use a 6 inch pan. You need to make sure that whatever pan you use will fit inside the Instant Pot.
More Instant Pot Cake Recipes
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Dump Cake
- Instant Pot Pound Cake
- IP Mango Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Orange Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Guinness Chocolate Cake
Instant Pot Box Cake
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C mini chocolate chips for topping
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ way full
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of the instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot.
- Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips over the cake
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!