Cheesecake is perfect for any time and anywhere! And, anyone who loves cheesecake will love this new recipe! This Instant Pot Mounds Cheesecake is so delicious and tastes just like a Mounds candy bar in the form of cheesecake!
This Mounds Cheesecake is so creamy and tasty! This recipe is very easy to follow along with and has a wonderful layered design. This is filled with flavor and topped with toasty coconut. This may become a go-to for your loved ones, so be sure to save it!
If you own an Instant Pot and you haven’t tried making a cheesecake in it yet, you simply must try it! Once you do, you will constantly be looking for more cheesecake recipes to make in it! I have a few divine Instant Pot recipes that I think your family might enjoy! Like my Vanilla Cheesecake or my Caramel Apple Cheesecake. Another one of my favorite cheesecakes to make in my Instant Pot is my Malted Cheesecake.
- Chocolate Cookie Crumbs- These will be used for your base crust.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Cream cheese- Use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Eggs- Make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
- Coconut Extract- Use pure extract for the best taste.
- Cornstarch- This will keep your cheesecake from cracking.
- Coconut cream- Make sure to use cream and not coconut milk. (usually located in the evaporated milk area)
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency of the batter.
- Chocolate- You will need to use bittersweet chocolate and have it chopped.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness in half and add moisture.
- Rum extract- Use pure for the best taste.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is best for homemade frosting.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Milk- Use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Sweetened Coconut- This will be toasted and sprinkled on top of the cheesecake.
How to Make a Mounds Cheesecake
Use parchment paper and cut out a circle to fit the bottom of your 8-inch springform pan. Spray the paper and edges with Pam.
Add the crumbs, sugar, and butter into a bowl and combine until a wet sand forms.
Use fingers to press into the prepared pan and up the sides 1/2 inches.
Put the crust into the freezer and begin to make the filling.
Coconut Cream Layer
In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, cornstarch, sugar, coconut extract, and coconut cream and beat until fluffy. Pour in the eggs and beat again on low until combined.
Add the filling into the crust and put it back in the freezer again and begin to make the chocolate layer.
Add the chocolate and cream into a microwave-safe bowl. In 10-second intervals, mix until melted in between each one. Place it aside and let it cool.
Add in the cream cheese and use a hand-held mixer to beat until light and fluffy. Pour in the sugar and mix again until fluffy.
Mix the cooled chocolate, extract, and sour cream and beat until fully incorporated.
Mix in the egg and yolk on low until combined.
Take out the cheesecake from the freezer and add the first mixture on top.
Use foil to cover the pan and seal the sides.
Put a cup of water into the IP. Put the cheesecake on the trivet and put it into the pot.
Close the IP lid and follow the IP directions and cook for 35 minutes on high. Rest for about 10 minutes, then release the pressure manually.
Put the coconut on the sheet and evenly spread. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees to toast or until light brown.
Add the powdered sugar, half of the milk, vanilla, and salt into a bowl and mix until light and fluffy. For the consistency you want, just as more milk, if needed.
Design a lattice on the cake using a #3 or similar small writing tip by placing vertical lines, then switching to horizontal ones. Pipe around the edge of the cake, using a #4-B open star tip or similar.
Add the toasted coconut on top.
Serve and enjoy!
What is The Best Crust for This Cheesecake?
The best crust for this recipe is the one used in the directions. The Swirl cheesecake has the perfect crust to batter combination. It is so delicious and chocolatey!
How do You Make Swirls on Top of Cheesecake?
Making swirls for this Chocolate Cheesecake is very easy. You will combine each layer with each other. You can use a butter knife or toothpick and use the end of one side to swirl the batter together.
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- New York Fudge Chocolate Cheesecake
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Instant Pot Mounds Cheesecake
- 2 c chocolate cookie crumbs if you can't find the crumbs, you can crush chocolate graham crackers or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 16 oz cream cheese s0ftened
- 2 lg eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ c coconut cream not coconut milk (usually located in the evaporated milk area)
- 2 oz heavy cream
- ½ c chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- ⅛ c sour cream room temperature
- ¾ tsp rum extract can use vanilla
- 1 lg egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- Cut a piece of parchment paper the size of the bottom of your 8-inch springform pan. Lightly spray paper and sides on the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and softened butter. Should resemble wet sand.
- Press into bottom and about ½-inch up the side of the prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer while preparing filling.
Coconut Cream Layer
- Beat cream cheese, corn starch, granulated sugar, coconut extract and coconut cream until fluffy. Add in eggs and beat on low, just until combined.
- Pour into pan and place back in freezer while mixing chocolate layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and cream. Heat in 10- second increments, stirring between each until melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Using hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate, extract and sour cream and mix until combined completely.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix on low just until combined.
- Pour on top of the first layer in the cheesecake pan.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pan and seal edges.
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place cheesecake pan on the trivet and lower into the pot.
- Seal Instant Pot lid according to Instant Pot instructions and cook on high for 35 min. Let rest for 10 min. then manually release.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast in a 400° oven for about 10 min. or until browned.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, half of the milk, vanilla extract and salt till light and fluffy. Add more of the milk as needed to make a piping consistency.
- Using a #3 or similar small writing tip, make a lattice on cake by running lines vertically, then horizontally across cake. Using a #4-B open star tip (or similar) pipe an edge around the cake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut across top of the cheesecake.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.