This simple to make Instant Pot Mango Cake recipe is incredibly easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious. With only a few ingredients you will make a cake from scratch that is topped with a homemade mango glaze. This cake is so full of flavor, you are going to be asked to make it again and again.
Instant Pot Mango Cake Recipe
The mango glaze on this cake is the real star. The flavor is so fresh and bright that it makes this cake shine. Since you are making the cake in the Instant Pot, it comes out so moist that it becomes the most perfect cake. YOu have to try this cake to believe just how great it is.
- Flour- All purpose flour is best but self rising will also work as well
- Water- This is the water for the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter. It lets you control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- You can’t make a cake without sugar.
- Buttermilk- If you do not have buttermilk, add one tablespoon of vinegar to a liquid measuring cup and then fill the rest of the way with milk. Mix it well and let it sit for a few minutes. This will sour the milk, creating the same effect as buttermilk
- Egg- The egg can be room temperature or straight from the refrigerator.
- Pure vanilla extract – Always use pure vanilla extract for a better flavor.
- Baking powder- If you are using self rising flour, you do not need the baking powder.
- Mango- You can use fresh or frozen mango.
- Powdered sugar- This is the type of sugar you use for making the glaze.
- Milk- The milk is used to thin the glaze to the right consistency.
How to Make Instant Pot Mango Cake
Mix together the flour and baking powder.
In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
Once combined, add in the egg and vanilla.
Slowly add in the flour and baking powder.
Then add in the milk and keep stirring.
Add the cake to a prepared bundt pan.
Place the water in the bottom of the Instant Pot and then place the trivet inside.
Cover the cake pan with foil and place it on top of the trivet.
Place the lid on top and set the pressure time to 30 minutes.
When it is done, let it do a slow release.
Remove the cake and place it on a wire rack.
Once the cake is cooled, make the glaze.
Puree the mango.
In a large bowl mix together the glaze ingredients until it is smooth and thick.
If it is still lumpy you can add more milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Pour the glaze over the cake and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Mango?
Since you are making a mango puree, you can use either frozen or fresh mango. If you are using frozen, make sure it is thawed and drained so it does not add extra moisture to the frosting
How Long Does it Take to Make Cake in an Instant Pot?
For this cake, it will take about 30 minutes of cook time in the Instant Pot. This does not include the time it takes to come to pressure or for the pressure release.
Want More Instant Pot Cakes
- Instant Pot Orange Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Easter Bundt Cake
- IP Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Instant Pot Guinness Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
Instant Pot Mango Cake Recipe
Mango glaze ingredients
- 1/2 Cup of chopped mango pureed
- 2 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 -4 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar, then add the whisked egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the second bowl while stirring constantly.
- Add milk then mix and keep stirring.
- Grease the bundt pan with baking spray
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and correctly place the trivet.
- Cover the pan with foil and place it on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once done, white for a natural steam release.
- Let the cake cool a little, and then remove it from the pan and place onto a wire rack
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined, smooth and thick
- If the glaze is still lumpy, mix in 1 more tbsp milk
- If the glaze is to thin, mix in ¼ C of powdered sugar
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and allow the glaze to harden for 30 minutes
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 6inch bundt cake pan