Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is a simple and super tasty dessert recipe. With an Oreo crust and chocolate ganache on top, everyone will obsess over this!
This is certainly not the first time we’ve made cheesecake in our Instant Pot. Did you think it was just for dinner?? Check out the IP Peppermint Cheesecake and IP Eggnog Cheesecake. Plus, we have a bunch of other cheesecakes right here.
Easy Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
The Instant Pot has changed the game for me in the kitchen. It is so helpful for not just getting dinner on the table in a hurry but helps me make some really great desserts like this one.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Whip Cream
How To Make Chocolate Cheesecake In Instant Pot
The first thing to do is make your crust. It’s super easy, just crush the Oreos, spread them into the pan and let it set in the freezer.
Then, move onto the cheesecake. Beat together the cream cheese, cocoa and sugar until it’s nice and creamy. Next add in the sour cream, then the chocolate, then the eggs one at a time.
Once that’s all mixed up, you can take your crust out and pour the mixture on top. Bake the cheesecake with water in the Instant Pot and covered with foil for about 34 minutes on high pressure.
I love chocolate ganache because it’s SO easy and really adds a flavor boost on top of desserts. All you have to do heat whipping cream and chocolate chips in a sauce pan and once melted, pour over the cheesecake. Yum!!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- 20 double stuffed Oreos
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 large eggs
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Using a food processor, grind up the cookies until they are in crumbs
- Line the bottom of your 8in springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides
- Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan
- Place the crust into the freezer while you make the filling
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar and cocoa until combined and creamy
- Beat in the sour cream until combined
- Beat in the melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Remove crust from freezer and pour the cheesecake batter into the crust
- Cover the cheesecake with foil
- Place 1 cup of water into the pot of the instant pot
- Place cheesecake onto trivet and into the pot
- Cover the pot with the lid and turn the knob to sealing
- Set to high pressure for 35 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, allow for a natural release
- Remove the lid and pull cheesecake out
- Place onto a wire rack to allow to cool completely
- Place into fridge overnight
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small pot over medium heat
- Allow to slightly boil before pour over the chocolate chips in a glass bowl
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes before whisking until smooth
- Scoop the ganache onto the cheesecake and smoothing evenly
- Sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles on top
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
13 comments on “Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake”
Do you need butter with the oreos for the crust?
Can this be done in the oven?
Hi Louise. You do not need butter for the Oreo crust. This recipe really is best for the Instant Pot and we have not tried making it in the oven. We do have other cheesecake recipes that can be made in the oven.
Fantastic recipe! First time I made this the handsome husband loved it, but i wasn’t fond of the sour cream taste. Second time I subbed it for 5% Fage plain yogurt. Much better!
This is a good recipe, but I used a 7″ Springform pan, and when I removed my lid it has spilled over. I have never had an issue before like this, as I make them all the time. Looked at my old reliable recipe and saw I cooked it 10 minutes longer. Not sure if this causes this, but this recipe really tastes great.
I only have the 6 quart IP. Do you know how long this would take to bake in the oven?
This turned out AMAZING and was so easy! I saved the recipe and will be making this again for sure.
This recipe is awesome! It turned out beautiful. It tastes decadent. I will keep to make many times in the future.
This is my first cheese cake period. I will say the recipe is easy to follow, especially for a newbie. I made extra ganache and have it drizzled down all sides. My wife is a chocoholic and this is for her birthday.
We just made it, it turned out good, though the consistency is more that of a cream pie type. Almost like a pudding center. Great flavor though, and delicious crust.
I’m guessing you have one of the largest IPs, if you’re using an 8-inch pan. Mine only allows a 6″ pan. I might still try it, making sure to not overfill my pan.
This was totally different from my basic cheesecake recipe I have. We love chocolate so I promised my husband I would make it for us and it was fantastic! Beyond any expectations I could have imagined. Thank you for the recipe, I will be making it again soon.
I was checking to see if there are any comments on this recipe. I’m debating on making this one or a banana cheesecake I recently saw. My husband wonders if this would be too chocolately. Whatever that is.
“too chocolaty”… ?!?! as if that is a real thing…
When in doubt, always choose chocolate 🙂