This is the best Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake you can make. This is a creamy, decadent cheesecake that is perfect anytime of year. Using this Instant Pot, this is a hassle free cheesecake that everyone will love.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
If you love mint chocolate chip desserts, wait until you try this easy to make Chocolate Mint Cheesecake. This cheesecake is bursting with mint flavor. This cheesecake has a chocolate crust and chocolate chips, topped with a chocolate ganache. This chocolate and mint cheesecake is absolutely amazing.
- Mint Oreo Cookies- These are for the crust. Using the mint Oreos gives this an even bigger mint flavor
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter in your baking recipes. It lets you control the salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is soften and at room temperature before using.
- Sugar- What is cheesecake without sugar.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch will help give the cheesecake stability.
- Eggs- Always use room temperature eggs when making cheesecake.
- Pure mint extract- This will give the cheesecake the burst of mint flavor.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- You can use semi sweet chocolate chips or you can swap it for milk chocolate chips.
- Mint green gel food coloring- This is going to give you the classic color associated with mint desserts.
- Heavy whipping cream- This is for the chocolate ganache.
How to Make Chocolate Mint Cheesecake in an Instant Pot
Crush the Oreos and mix it together with the butter.
Press the crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and place it into the freezer while making the cheesecake mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined.
Cream the cream cheese and the sugar mixture together until it is smooth.
Beat in one egg at a time until it is well combined.
Add in the mint extract and the green food coloring
Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour the cheesecake batter into the crust.
Cover the cheesecake with foil.
Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and add the water.
Lower the cheesecake into the pot and set the timer for 40 minutes on high pressure.
Cool the cheesecake completely and place it in the fridge overnight.
Make the ganache
Before serving the cheesecake you want to make the ganache.
Heat the heavy cream until it is steaming and pour in over the chocolate chips in a bowl.
Let it sit for 1 minute and then mix it together until it is smooth.
Pour it over the cheesecake and smooth it evenly over the cheesecake.
What’s the Best Crust for Grasshopper Cheesecake?
While most cheesecakes are made with graham crackers, I like to use the mint Oreos for this cheesecake. If you can not find the mint cookies, you can also use the regular Oreo cookies. If you want the mint flavor in the crust, you can also add mint extract to it.
What Size Pan Do I Need for This Cheesecake?
I like using the 6 inch springform pan, you can also use a 7inch pan. You can make the cheesecake in a regular pan if you do not have a springform pan, but it is easier to remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 C crushed Mint Oreo Cookies - about 24-28 cookies
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Mint Chocolate Chip cheesecake ingredients
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the crushed oreos
- Press the crust into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Directions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the mint extract and mint green gel food coloring
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.