Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving
We are sharing these adorable Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes today! These are so fun and easy to make…your Kids will love them!
We found this fun idea from the Dixie Crystal Kids in the Kitchen website found HERE where they have a ton of easy and adorable treat ideas for Kids!
- chocolate buttercream frosting (see recipe and directions below)
- candy eyeballs
- M&M’s candies
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 3500F. Line a muffin pan with brown liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into muffin liners. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ingredients for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream together the butter and sugar in an electric mixer. Gradually add cocoa powder. Add 2 tablespoons cream, add more if necessary. Add the vanilla. Beat for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
2. To assemble cupcakes, add frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip. Swirl on top of cupcake. Add two candy eyes, place the yellow M&M under the eye for the beak, and press on the red M&M on the side for the gobbler. Add rows of different colored M&M’s to the top of the cupcake to look like feathers.
My family raved about this recipe….SO good! Here is a close up…
My boys loved their fun cupcakes that they helped create!
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals