How adorable are these colorful turkey cupcakes? Such a fun treat for any time, but especially during Thanksgiving. Such a fun Thanksgiving dessert that the kids will absolutely love.
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to create festive turkey cupcakes. With just a few simple ingredients and a dash of creativity, you can craft these adorable treats that look like cute little turkeys. There are so many ways to get creative while making these cupcakes. Get the kids in the kitchen to make their own version of turkey cupcakes. Spread joy and gratitude with these adorable turkey cupcakes for a fun Thanksgiving dessert!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Boxed Cake Mix: Feel free to use any flavor.
- Frosting: We use our Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Candy: You will need candy eyeballs and M&M’s candies or Reese’s Pieces to decorate the cupcakes.
How To Make Turkey Cupcakes
- Make the Cupcakes. Prepare and bake the cupcakes according to the package directions. Once baked, let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
- Frost the Cupcakes. Cover the tops of the cupcakes with the chocolate buttercream and then add an extra spoonful on top for the head.
- Decorate. Easily decorate with the candy eyes and colorful M&M’s.
Different Ideas to use as Decorations for Turkey Cupcakes
There are so many ways to create turkey cupcakes. There are different ways to create the faces and the feathers. Here are some ideas to create turkeys a different way.
- Chocolate Feathers: Use melted chocolate to create feather shapes on top of the cupcakes. Add some colorful sprinkles or edible pearls for a vibrant touch.
- Pretzel Tail Feathers: Insert pretzel sticks or pretzel twists into the back of the cupcake to resemble tail feathers. You can dip them in colored candy melts for a more festive look.
- Candy Corn Tail Feathers: Instead of using pretzels for the tail feathers, try using candy corn. Insert the wide end of the candy corn pieces into the back of the cupcake, arranging them in a fan-like pattern to resemble tail feathers. The vibrant colors of the candy corn will add a festive and autumnal look to your turkey cupcakes.
- Fruit Beak and Wattle: Cut a small triangle shape from a piece of orange candy or fruit leather for the beak, and a small, thin piece of red candy or fruit leather for the wattle.
- Cookie Crumb “Ground”: Crush chocolate cookies, like Oreos, to resemble soil and sprinkle them around the base of the cupcake to create a fun and edible “ground.”
- Colored Frosting: Use various colored frostings to give each turkey cupcake a unique feather pattern. You can use a star tip to create a textured feather effect.
- Gobble Gobble Sign: Craft small signs from toothpicks and paper with “Gobble Gobble” written on them. Stick them into the cupcakes to add a touch of humor.
- Cupcake Liner Tail: Choose colorful cupcake liners that resemble turkey feathers. Place the cupcakes in these liners for an instant festive touch.
- Edible Leaves: Use edible wafer paper or fondant to create turkey feathers on top of the cupcakes. You can cut them into leaf shapes and arrange them in a fan-like pattern.
- Chocolate Acorns: Add chocolate acorn candies or marzipan acorns alongside the turkey cupcakes to create a cute autumn-themed display.
- Nutter Butter: Use Nutter Butter cookies as the turkey’s body. Attach candy eyes to the top of the Nutter Butter cookie and use a piece of candy corn for the beak. For the wattle, you can use a small red candy or a tiny strip of red fruit leather.
Other Fun Turkey Treats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare and bake the cake mix according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and cool before frosting.
- Spread the chocolate buttercream frosting onto each cupcake.
- Add another spoon full of frosting on top (this will be the head of the turkey).
- Press on 2 candy eyes, a yellow M&M for the nose and a red M&M for the wattle.
- Place rows of different colored M&M's along the backside for the feathers and 2 orange M&M's at the bottom for the feet.