When it comes to cake, there is nothing better than a moist cake. This is the best Instant Pot Lemon Cake recipe you could ask for. It is tangy and sweet and the Instant Pot lets the cake stay moist and delicious. Topped with cream cheese frosting, this is a must-try cake.
If you love this Instant Pot Lemon Bundt Cake, you will also want to try Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake that is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Best Instant Pot Lemon Cake Recipe
I love lemon desserts. I love the way the tanginess of the lemon goes with the sweetness of the dessert. It is a winning combination. This cake is perfect because it has everything you need for the best dessert. The Instant Pot makes this cake easy to make and takes the cake to a new level.
Do I Need a Lemon Bundt Cake Glaze?
In this recipe, I am using a cream cheese frosting for the lemon bundt cake. If you want more of a glaze you can make a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice or you can take the cream cheese frosting and thin it with milk to make a glaze.
What Size Instant Pot Cake Pan Do I Need with This Recipe?
You want to use an 8 inch bundt cake pan to make this Instant Pot cake. If you have one slightly smaller, like a 7 inch pan, you can use that too however since the cake is thicker it will change the pressure cook time.
Can I Make this Instant Pot Cake in Another Type of Pan?
If you do not have a small bundt cake pan that will fit into the Instant Pot, you can swap the bundt pan and use a 7 or 8 springform pan too. While a bundt cake gives a different texture t the cake because 3 of the sides are against the cake pan, you will love this Instant Pot Lemon Bundt cake as a round cake as well.
- Lemon cake mix
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Powder sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make a Lemon Bundt Cake in the Instant Pot
Make the cake according to the box.
Prepare the bundt pan by spraying it with baking spray.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan until it is filled 3/4 of the way full.
Instant Pot Lemon Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
Cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ C unsalted butter softened
- 2 ½ powder sugar
- Follow the directions on the back of the box to make the cake batter
- Spray the bundt pan with baking spray
- Pour the batter about 3/4 way full
- Cover with foil
- Add 1 1/2 C water into the pot
- Place a trivet into the pot and place the bundt pan inside
- Place on manual high pressure for 35 minutes
- Once the beeper beeps, do a quick pressure release
- Carefully remove the bundt pan from the instant pot and allow to cool completely
- Remove from the bundt pan and onto a serving plate
Cream cheese frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until combined
- Scoop into the piping bag and cut the tip off
- Pipe the frosting onto the bundt pan
- Cut and serve !
- 1 8inch bundt pan
- 1 disposable piping bag