Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
If you love cheesecake you are going to have a new favorite. This Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake is absolutely to die for. It is rich and creamy, with a fantastic cheesecake flavor that combines beautifully with the orange flavor. This cheesecake is a unique blend of flavors that is sure to please.
Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
Ingredients You Will Need
- Graham cracker crumbs – You can buy graham crackers already made into crumbs or you can make your own crumbs your graham crackers and a food processor.
- Butter – Always use unsalted butter. This lets you control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar – Sugar is always needed with dessert.
- Oranges – The oranges add the citrus to this cheesecake which balances nicely with the sweetness of the cheesecake.
- Cream cheese – Be sure to soften the cream cheese before beating. This ensures that there are no lumps.
- Vanilla – I always recommend using pure vanilla rather than imitation vanilla for the best flavor.
- Lemon juice- Adding lemon juice adds acidity to the cheesecake batter and gives it a great flavor while it cuts through the fat.
- Eggs- Always make sure the eggs are room temperature when making cheesecake. If the eggs are not at room temperature it can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream cuts some of the richness from the cheesecake and helps to add flavor.
- Goodman’s Orange Extract – Even though you are adding the oranges, by adding the orange extract, it gives the cheesecake a better burst of orange flavor.
- Neon Orange food coloring gel –I like to use gel food coloring whenever I can because a little goes a long way.
- Cream cheese Frosting– You can use my favorite homemade cream cheese frosting or use a store bought cream cheese frosting.
How to Make a Creamsicle Cheesecake
Grind the graham crackers into crumbs and place them in a bowl with the sugar and melted butter.
Line a 6 or 7 inch springform pan with parchment paper and press the crust into place.
Place the crust into the freezer.
Wash and dry the oranges and cut them into slices.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese until it is smooth and then scrape down the sides.
Add the vanilla and lemon juice and beat until it is smooth.
Then, add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well between each addition.
Beat the sugar, sour cream and then mix it on high until it is creamy and smooth.
Bake the Cheesecake
What Crust Should I Use With An Orange Vanilla Cheesecake?
With this orange vanilla cheesecake you are making a graham cracker crust. You can make a chocolate graham cracker crust as well, using premade chocolate crumbs or make the crust using chocolate graham crackers or Oreos.
How Long Do You Bake a Cheesecake In an Instant Pot?
When you are making cheesecake in the Instant Pot, you want to bake it for 45 minutes. This does not include the time it takes to come to pressure or to release pressure.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Stand Mixer
- Piping bag
- Piping tip - large Star tip
- Spring Form pan - 6 to 7 inch pan - depending on your Instant Pot
- Parchment paper
- Instant Pot
- Aluminum foil
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 sleeve graham crackers - crushed in the blender
- 3 Tablespoons of butter - melted
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 large ripe Oranges
- 32 ounce cream cheese - softened
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Goodman's Orange Extract
- 1 teaspoon Neon Orange food coloring gel
FOR THE TOPPING:
- cream cheese frosting recipe or canned frosting
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl, and add the sugar, and mix. Melt the butter in the microwave, and pour into the graham cracker crumbs, and stir until well blended. Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 6 - 7 inch Spring-form pan, and place the graham cracker crumbs on the parchment paper and press firmly into the pan. Place the pan in the freezer.
- Wash and dry the oranges, and cut them in slices, cover and place them in the refrigerator.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the vanilla and lemon juice, and mix until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition. Add the sugar, sour cream, and mix on high until well blended, creamy and smooth.
- Divide the cheesecake in thirds, leaving one third in the mixing bowl, and the other thirds in 2 separate bowls. In one of the bowls, add 1 teaspoon of the Orange extract to the cheesecake, and stir, then add about 1/2 a teaspoon of Neon Orange food coloring gel to the cheesecake, and stir well to make the top layer.
- In the other bowl, add a few drops of the Orange Extract, and stir, and add about a teaspoon of the Neon Orange food coloring gel - making the batter a darker Orange color than the top - this is the bottom layer.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the dark layer of Orange cheesecake into the pan. Pour the white layer on top of the dark Orange layer. Pour the lighter Orange layer on top of the white layer, then add a few drops of the Neon Orange food coloring gel on top of the light orange layer, and swirl through the top layer with a knife - careful not to disturb the white layer underneath.
- Make a sling for the cheesecake out of Aluminum foil - about 2 feet long. Fold the foil in half, and then in half again, making it about 3 inches wide. Place the Trivet to the Instant Pot in the liner of the Instant Pot. Pour about 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Lay the foil sling on the table, and set the cheesecake/Spring-form pan in the middle of the sling. Carefully lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot with the foil sling, and fold the loose pieces of the sling up against the inside of the Instant Pot, just above the Spring-form pan, so the sling doesn't interfere with the lid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING'. Press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 45 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to build and naturally release the pressure in the Instant Pot. When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, and all pressure has been released, make sure the Float valve is down, and remove the lid to the Instant pot. Unfold the pieces to the foil sling, and gently lift and remove the cheesecake. Place on a wire rack to cool When the cheesecake is cool, cover, and place in the refrigerator overnight for best results. This will also help the cheesecake to set, and become firmer before cutting.
- When time to serve the cheesecake, place the Cream cheese frosting in a piping bag, and pipe large dollops of frosting all around the edge, and a big dollop in the center of each piece, and a fresh Orange slice placed in the center dollop. Cut in 2 inch pieces, serve, and Enjoy!