Instant Pot Potato Soup
This Instant Pot Potato Soup is made in only minutes from chopping vegetables to the dinner table. It’s cheesy, hearty and the whole family loves it.
Pull out your beloved Instant Pot and whip up this soup along with some of our other most favorite recipes that use the new kitchen tool that everyone loves. My recommendations are this incredibly delicious Hawaiian Pork recipe and a very easy Strawberry Jam.
Instant Pot Potato Soup
Creamy, savory, and as homestyle as you can get, the Instant Pot Potato Cheese Soup is everything you need for a quick meal for a hungry family.
Russet potatoes, sweet cream butter, and a full cup of heavy cream are the building blocks of a classic soup so many folks truly adore.
A little garlic, onion, and chicken broth and before you know it, dinner is served!
You can also top with shredded cheese and bacon…YUM!
Add your diced potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
Place the lid on top, lock and set the valve to sealing.
Set the pressure for 5 minutes
Do a quick release to release the pressure.
In a small mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, and the corn starch together.
Stir into the soup.
Mix in the sharp cheddar cheese
Press the saute button and cook the soup (while stirring) until the soup thickens.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to make a wonderfully creamy Instant Pot Potato Soup.
Instant Pot Information for Beginners
How familiar are you with your Instant Pot? Are you a seasoned user or sort of new to cooking with it? I encourage you to look at this post: 15 Instant Pot Tips for New Users (there’s even a free printable to hang inside your cabinet to remind you of some of the basics.
Also, you might want to learn about all those Instant Pot buttons and grab another free printable to help you remember what’s what.
Here are the printable directions.
- 10 large russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 C chicken broth
- 4 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Add your diced potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on top, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, and the corn starch together.
- Stir into the soup.
- Mix in the sharp cheddar cheese
- Press the saute button and cook the soup (while stirring) until the soup thickens.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to make a smooth and creamier soup.