Instant Pot Honey Chicken Recipe
You are going to love this Instant Pot Honey Chicken. This simple and tasty dinner is made in 4 minutes. This recipe is full of tender chicken with a delicious honey sauce served over rice. Who doesn’t want a dinner that tastes this good, this fast?
Instant Pot Honey Chicken Recipe
One of the biggest reasons people hate cooking is because they think they don’t have the time. With this recipe, dinner is done before you can even finish ordering take out. Serve honey chicken over rice or made Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice. Your family is going to love how amazing this recipe is.
- Chicken Breast tenders- You can use other cuts of chicken if you prefer.
- All Purpose Flour- This is part of the chicken coating.
- Corn Flour- This is part of the chicken coating.
- Baking Powder- If you are using self rising flour, you do not need the baking powder.
- Salt- Salt helps to give the sauce its seasoning.
- Water- The water makes the dry ingredients in the batter into a thick batter.
- Sesame oil- The sesame oil is the best choice for oil in this recipe because of the flavor.
- Tomato Ketchup- This adds a terrific flavor to the honey chicken.
- Sugar- I like to use white sugar but I have seen this recipe made with brown sugar too.
- Honey- This is the best part of the sauce.
- Soy sauce– Using a low sodium soy sauce will lower the sodium in the recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Chicken
Combine all of the sauce ingredients and set it aside.
Add the batter ingredients into a bowl and then dip the chicken into the batter ingredients.
Add the water into the dry ingredients to make a thick batter.
Heat the oil in Instant Pot and saute the chicken.
Cook the chicken to golden brown and then flip.
Remove the chicken and wipe the inside clean.
Add the sauce ingredients and then add the chicken back into the pot.
Stir to combine and then set the pressure time to 4 minutes.
Do a quick release and serve hot.
What do You Serve with Honey Chicken?
When I make this honey chicken, I like to serve it with white rice or with Easy Chicken Fried Rice or Cauliflower Fried Rice. Roasted broccoli or steamed carrots will also make a nice addition to this dinner.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs for This Recipe?
While this recipe uses chicken breast or chicken tenders, you can also use diced chicken thighs to make this honey chicken too. You can any cut of chicken that works for you.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Cajun Instant Pot Crawfish Boil
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
Instant Pot Honey Chicken
- Chicken Breast tenders– 6-7 sliced
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Corn Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 /4 cup Water
- ¼ Sesame oil
- ½ cup Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Prepare your chicken and pat dry.
- Set to the side.
- In a small bowl add all of the sauce ingredients, mix to combine.
- Set aside.
- Add the batter ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add the water slowly and make it into a semi thick batter.
- Dip each chicken in batter and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Place the chicken in the oil once bubbling hot.
- Chicken has to be in a single layer.
- Turn the chicken over to evenly cook.
- Cook chicken until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and place onto a paper towel covered plate, and set aside.
- Wipe clean the Instant Pot insert.
- Add sauce into the Instant pot and add the chicken.
- Toss to combine.
- Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Set to manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer sounds open the valve. .
- Serve hot.