Make viral TikTok Jello Roll Ups with just three ingredients! A super easy and quick snack for the kids made with Jell-o and Marshmallows.
TikTok Jello Pinwheels
Jello Roll Ups are a delicious and fun snack. They have gained popularity on social media platforms like TikTok and made by combining Jello, water, and marshmallows. The ingredients are mixed together, then spread out on a flat surface and rolled up. The result is a sweet, jelly-like pinwheel. It’s not only tasty but also fun for the kids to make. They’re colorful, delicious and a hit with both kids and adults.
What You’ll Need
- Jello– You can use whatever flavor you like. If you are making holiday based Jello roll ups, you will want to base the choices of red and green.
- Water– Boiling water helps to dissolve the Jello.
- Mini Marshmallows– You can also use full sized marshmallows if you do not have minis. Use half the amount.
How to Make Jello Roll Ups
Make the Jello: Mix the Jello with boiling water in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until it is dissolved. Add the marshmallows and microwave it. Whisk everything together until there are no lumps. Pour it into a prepared pan. Place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
Roll the Jello Pinwheels: Pull the corner of the set gelatin mixture and remove it from the pan. Roll it tightly into a tube, similar to a roll cake, jelly roll, or cinnamon roll. Place it back in the fridge for about 10 more minutes.
Cut: Remove it from the fridge and cut the roll up into 1/2-inch pieces using a sharp knife. Press down in one cut. Do not saw. Serve and enjoy.
Tips for Jello Roll Ups
For those wanting to add a burst of color to your Jello Roll Ups, keep in mind that you’ll need to repeat the recipe for each color you want to include.
Be careful not to store the jello sheet in the fridge for too long; if it dries out too much, it can become tricky to roll up.
Avoid overcooking the marshmallows, as this can cause them to dissolve excessively into the jello mixture, and you won’t achieve that desirable white film on top. Remember, this white film helps to create a second color within your roll up once it’s done.
Feel free to cut the Jello Roll Ups into any size you prefer. However, the size you choose will determine how many roll ups you will get from the recipe.
You may need a few attempts at rolling your Jello Roll Ups before they tighten sufficiently.
It’s also worth noting that the middle of the roll tends to be a bit thicker than the ends – this is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
How to Store Jello Roll-Ups
Store your Jello Roll Ups in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Make sure to separate layers with parchment paper or wax paper before storing so that the roll ups don’t stick together.
If you want to store them longer, you can freeze them for up to a month. Just make sure to thaw them completely before serving. The texture may be slightly different after freezing and thawing, but they will still taste delicious!
Making These for Different Holidays
if you want to use these for different holidays, you want to make them in different colors. Here are some fun ideas:
- Christmas: Use a combination of red and green Jello to get into the Christmas spirit.
- Easter: You can make pastel-colored Jello Roll Ups using light pink, light blue, and light green Jello.
- Halloween: For a spooky twist, use orange and black Jello.
- Fourth of July: Celebrate Independence Day with red, white, and blue Jello Roll Ups.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Go all out with different shades of green for a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat.
Remember, the possibilities are endless, so feel free to experiment with different color combinations to fit your specific holiday theme.
More Viral TikTok Recipes
Jello Roll Ups
- Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the jello powder in a medium mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Whisk lightly until dissolved or close to it.
- Add the marshmallows to the bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove and whisk again until there are no marshmallow lumps.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove by gently pulling up one corner and slowly peeling it out of the pan.
- Roll into a tight tube like you would cinnamon rolls. Place back in the pan and back in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and slice into ½ inch pieces using a sharp knife. Do not saw back and forth, one cut, straight down.
- Serve and enjoy!