Low Carb Cauliflower Salad is a delicious side to any meal. With roasted cauliflower, crisp veggies, and crumbled bacon, all mixed up with a creamy sauce, this side dish will be a hit!
We really love this Low Carb Cauliflower Salad for a picnic lunch, a great dinner side, something delicious to pack in your lunch to take to work, or for a family gathering when you need to be sure to bring a lower carb option. Try serving this salad with Garlic Butter Steak Bites!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Low Carb Cauliflower Salad (full amounts are in the recipe card further down):
- Olive oil
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Relish – you can use sweet relish or dill pickle relish
- Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
Making Low Carb Cauliflower Salad
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a mixing bowl. Cover the dressing and refrigerate it while you move on to the next steps.
Cut the cauliflower away from the core and chop into bite size pieces. Spread the cauliflower out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the cauliflower for about 15 minutes at 425ºF degrees, just until tender. Cool completely before adding to the salad.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the roasted cauliflower, chopped green onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped celery, sliced radishes, and crumbled bacon.
Add the prepared dressing and mix well.
Keep your Low Carb Cauliflower Salad refrigerated until you are ready to serve. We suggest you top the salad with some of the crumbled bacon before serving for an extra special touch!
Can I Use Salad Dressing Instead of Mayonnaise
Some people prefer whipped salad dressing to mayonnaise. However, it does contain sugar and therefore more carbs than mayonnaise. If you are really trying to cut down on the carbs, real mayonnaise is the way to go!
If you’re just going for flavor and really like whipped salad dressing, so for it! You can certainly swap in the salad dressing for the mayonnaise.
Low Carb Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onion chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into smaller, bite size florets, removing the thick center core of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then use your hands to toss the cauliflower to coat evenly with the oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender crisp. Set aside to cool completely to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled cauliflower, sliced radishes, chopped celery, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, and crumbled bacon. Add the dressing and toss until combined.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.