Looking for a delicious dinner in a snap? Garlic Butter Steak Bites are the answer! Tender steak bites in a rich garlic butter sauce; add a side dish and dinner is served!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Everyone loves a good steak dinner, but when you’re short on time but still want big flavor, make Garlic Butter Steak Bites! We loved them with steamed asparagus for a delicious low carb meal.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
Here’s what you’ll need to make the steak bites:
- Sirloin steak, Ribeye, or porterhouse
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Garlic cloves
- Beef broth
- Fresh parsley
How To Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Start by trimming away any excess fat from the edges of your steaks, then cut them into bite size cubes. Season the steak cubes with salt, onion powder, black pepper, and brown sugar.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the seasoned steak cubes. Cook the steak on all sides just until browned. They do not need to be cooked through during this step as they will continue to cook in the next step.
Add freshly minced garlic, beef broth, butter, and fresh chopped parsley to the steak in the pan and continue to cook until the meat reaches your desired level of doneness.
Tip: The steak is perfect right from the pan in the garlic butter sauce. But if you would like to add a little more of a sear on the outside of your bites, transfer to a new skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter heated over medium heat-high. Quickly pan fry the steak in the butter for a sort of reverse sear, then plate the steak and finish by drizzling the garlic butter sauce over top.
What Can I Serve with Steak?
There are so many options for amazing side dishes that go well with this. Here are some of our favorites:
- Rice – Steamed white or brown rice, rice pilaf, or your favorite rice dish is a perfect side with this steak.
- Mashed potatoes – We love cheesy mashed potatoes with the steak bites!
- Vegetables – Add a side of steamed or roasted vegetables.
- Mashed cauliflower – For a low carb side option, try mashed cauliflower.
Also, be sure to make a delicious dessert to finish your meal, like New York Chocolate Cake!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, ribeye, or porterhouse
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Use a sharp knife to trim excess fat from the steaks, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the steak cubes in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil along with the salt, onion powder, black pepper, and brown sugar. Mix well to coat all of the meat in the seasonings.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubes of steak to the pan and pan fry until browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic, beef broth, butter, and parsley to the meat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
26 comments on “Garlic Butter Steak Bites”
Just made this tonight! I added fresh mushrooms and onions to mine.