Tender, juicy pieces of sirloin cooked in a rich garlic sauce, these Garlic Butter Steak Bites are quick and easy to make. Ready in as little as 15 minutes, they make a great weeknight dinner. Just add your favorite side and enjoy!
Quick & Easy Garlic Steak Bites
Everyone loves a good steak dinner, but when you’re short on time and still want big flavor, try these Garlic Butter Steak Bites! We loved them with steamed asparagus for a delicious low carb meal but truthfully, they go with pretty much anything.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Since the steak is cut into tiny 1-inch pieces, it cooks in literal minutes. It’s almost like you blink and dinner is done. While we’ve certainly enjoyed these garlic butter steak bites as a weeknight meal, this is one of those recipes I like to keep up my sleeve for entertaining too. Guests will never know just how easy they were to make!
What You’ll Need
You won’t need much besides steak, butter, and garlic to make this recipe. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Steak – See below.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings – Salt, onion powder, and black pepper season the steak.
- Brown sugar – Just a pinch of brown sugar helps to balance and enhance the other flavors.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is key for achieving the best flavor.
- Beef broth – Helps create tender, juicy steak.
- Butter – Cut into small pieces so it melts easily.
- Fresh parsley – Adds even more flavor and a little brightness to the dish.
What’s The Best Steak To Use?
For these skillet steak bites, I recommend using sirloin, ribeye, or porterhouse. The key is to avoid any cuts that need to be cooked slowly and look for cuts with some marbling but not too much fat. Sirloin tends to be one of the most affordable options and results in tender, juicy steak bites. New York strip steak is another good option.
How To Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These garlic steak bites come together quickly and easily, in as little as 15 minutes!
- Season the steak. Trim any excess fat from the steaks and cut into 1-inch Cubes. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil along with the seasonings and brown sugar. Mix to coat.
- Fry the steak. Pan fry the steak in the remaining olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the garlic, broth, butter, and parsley. Cook for 3 minutes on low. Serve and enjoy.
Tips for Tender & Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Here are a few tips for making this easy steak recipe.
- Cut all pieces to be the same size. To ensure that all pieces cook evenly, be sure to cut them all into equal-sized pieces. I try to stick with around 1-inch.
- Don’t overcook the steak. These little steak bites cook quite quickly, in as little as 4 minutes. If you want to be sure of the doneness, use a meat thermometer. The general rule is 140F for medium, 150F for medium well, and over 160F for well. I recommend medium/medium well for these juicy steak bites.
- Adjust the seasonings. Have a favorite steak seasoning you want to use? Go for it. Feel free to adjust the seasonings as desired – the key part is just the butter and garlic!
One great thing about garlic steak bites is that they go with practically anything. Here are some of our favorites:
- Rice – Steamed white or brown rice, rice pilaf, or your favorite rice dish is a perfect side with this steak. For even more flavor, try lemon rice with mint or cilantro cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
- Potatoes – Mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, twice baked potatoes, crack potatoes…whatever type of potatoes you love most (yes, even french fries!), will pair well with this dish.
- Vegetables – Stick with your basic steamed or roasted veggies or try something different like roasted asparagus casserole, broccoli salad, or loaded cauliflower. It all works!
Also, be sure to make a delicious dessert to finish your meal, like New York Chocolate Cake!
I highly doubt you’ll have leftovers but if you do, here’s how to store and reheat them:
- Fridge. Store any leftover garlic butter steak bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat. Reheat quickly on the stovetop if possible. The microwave will also work in a pinch.
More Easy Steak Recipes:
- Pan Seared Steak
- Hamburger Steak
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
- The Best Steak Marinade
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Use a sharp knife to trim excess fat from the steaks, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the steak cubes in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil along with the salt, onion powder, black pepper, and brown sugar. Mix well to coat all of the meat in the seasonings.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubes of steak to the pan and pan fry until browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic, beef broth, butter, and parsley to the meat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes. Serve hot.