Low-Carb Individual Lasagna Bowls
What should I serve with a lasagna bowl?
When I am making a lasagna bowl, I like to make a side salad. It goes perfectly with this recipe. A nice loaded salad with tons of greens, tomatoes, olives, and a light Italian dressing fits perfectly.
Of course, if you prefer, you can simply add more vegetables into the mix with some sauteed or roasted zucchini, asparagus, green beans, or broccoli on the side.
Can I make this lasagna for two in a bigger bowl?
If you want to use one bowl instead of using 4 smaller dishes, you can bake this in a casserole dish instead. Everything remains the same when making this recipe, however, you might need a few more minutes in the oven to make sure it is heated through. It’s even a great recipe to make in aluminum foil baking dishes to wrap and freeze for future fast meals. Just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and pop into the oven for an hour before dinner.
Can I make this lazy lasagna vegetarian?
If you wanted to make this a vegetarian lazy lasagna, it is easy to switch the recipe. You can omit the sausage from this recipe and if you are missing the meat, you can use meatless crumbles. If you wanted to make this recipe into a vegan lasagna, you will want to use vegan cheese instead of using the traditional cheese.
A great substitute for the sausage in this dish is to use seasoned sauteed mushrooms!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- ground sausage
- marinara sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- mozzarella cheese
How to make individual lasagna casserole bowls
Start with a preheated oven to 375.
Brown the sausage over medium-high heat and then set it aside.
In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
In oven-safe bowls, put the sausage on the bottom of each bowl. Next, add the sauce and the ricotta cheese mixture. Then add the mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake the lasagna bowls for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and bubbly.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Individual Lasagna Casserole Bowls
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Parsley to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown sausage in a pan over medium high heat and then set to the side.
- In a bowl mix together ricotta cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Set to the side.
- To 4 oven-safe bowls evenly divide the browned sausage and top with marinara sauce, ricotta cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place bowls on a cooking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.