We wanted to come up with a St. Patrick’s Day cupcake that would be easy for the kids to help with and take to school parties. Since I have 3 little boys I am always trying to find short cuts with making goodies and keeping them fun and cute! These Lucky Rainbow Cupcakes that we came up with are SO easy to make! My boys just loved them!
For the cake mix, I happened to have Funfetti Cake Mix here at the house and we used that. I thought the multi colored sprinkles would look cute with the rainbow theme. You could also just use white or yellow cake mix and add multi sprinkles yourself. As for the frosting, you can use canned or you can make your own. Try our Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting.
Lucky Rainbow Cupcakes
- Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- Mini M&M’s
- Junior Mints
- Chocolate Cookie Frosting
- Yellow Sprinkles
- White Frosting
- Blue Food Coloring (just a couple of drops)
How To Make Lucky Rainbow Cupcakes
- Mix and bake the cake mix according to package.
- Take out of the the oven when done and let cool.
- Make all of the little pots of gold first then set them aside.
- Take the Junior Mint and put a little bit of the cookie frosting on top. Pour the yellow sprinkles in a small bowl and dip the frosted side in the sprinkles. Set them on wax paper and let them dry.
- Color the frosting with blue food coloring. Just use a couple of drops to make it a light sky blue.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Put your mini M&M’s in a bowl to sort.
- Put on our prepared pots of gold first and line the colors of the rainbow on top and add the marshmallow cloud.
- Take 4 green M&M’s and make a clover.
- Cut your M&M’s in half with a knife for the bottom, but you can also just push it in on the side.