Lucky Charms Cookies are the perfect treat to bake for St. Patrick’s Day. These cookies are colorful and full of mint flavors and chocolate chips.
We love to make fun treats for holidays, especially St. Patrick’s Day. It’s one of my favorite holidays! After you make this dessert try our Pot of Gold Oreos, Rainbow Pretzels and Leprechaun Nutter Butters.
Lucky Charms Cookies
If you are a big fan of Lucky Charms Cereal, you’ll love these because we put real cereal right inside the cookie.
- mint extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Baking Powder
- Cream of Tartar
- Chocolate Chips
- Lucky Charms
Is peppermint extract the same as mint extract?
Nope! You’ll want to stick with mint extract for these cookies (and any recipe with that true mint flavor.) Mint extract is a mixture of spearmint and peppermint and peppermint is just, well, peppermint.
Is gel food coloring better than liquid?
One isn’t necessarily better than the other, but gel coloring is slightly more concentrated so you have to use less. If you use liquid you may just need to use a few extra drops.
How To Make Lucky Charms Cookies from Scratch
First, mix together the butter and sugar until it’s nice and creamy.
Next, add in the food coloring, mint extract and the egg.
When that is all stirred together you can add all of your dry ingredients.
Lastly, gently fold in the cereal and chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into small round balls and place onto a cookie sheet to bake for about 10 minutes. You’ll have to check on them and adjust the time depending on how big you make them.
Take these as a special school treat this year. Maybe leave these cookies out with your Leprechaun trap. You know how much Leprechauns love Lucky Charms!
Lucky Charms Cookies
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 TSP mint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP cream of tartar
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 C mint chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 C Lucky charms cereal Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, extract and food coloring and mix until the color is fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Once fully combined, fold in the chocolate chips and lucky charms marshmallows.
- Roll into small balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.