Leprechaun Bait for St. Patrick’s Day! Your kids will feel so lucky when they see this fun chex party mix and it’s so easy to make! The mint in this is such a nice addition and is my personal favorite snack mix we have ever made…so good!!
This yummy white chocolate chex party mix recipe would also make a fun gift for friends or teachers at school. Break off pieces and add them to cellophane bags. Twist and seal the tops using a decorative St. Patrick’s Day ribbon. Super cute!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- white candy melts
- green candy melts
- mini pretzel twists
- Crispix cereal
- Lucky Charms (limited edition clovers)
- mint M&M’s
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles (or you can also use green & white jimmies)
How To Make Leprechaun Bait
Mix your popcorn, cereal, 3/4 of M&M’s, and pretzels in a large bowl…
Melt your white candy melts according to the package direction. Pour the melted chocolate over the snack mix…
Stir until fully coated…
Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and spread the mixture evenly like this…
Melt your green candy melts according to the directions and spoon the melted chocolate over the mixture like this…
Now add your sprinkles…
You will want to work quickly because the chocolate dries pretty fast. Let that sit for 10-15 minutes. Then break it off into pieces and place them in a large bowl.
The worst part about making this….you won’t be able to stop eating it! Here is a close up…
This would also be cute to give the kids at class parties at school!
Watch how simple this Leprechaun Bait is to make…
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- 6 ounces green candy melts
- 3 cups popcorn popped
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 3 cups Crispix Cereal
- 4 cups Lucky Charms limited edition clovers
- 10.5 ounce bag of Mint M&M's
- St Patrick's Day Sprinkles
- In a large bowl combine Rice Chex, Lucky Charms, pretzels, popcorn and M&Ms. In a heat-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and repeat until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture. Stir carefully to combine, as to not crush the Rice Chex. Stir until the mixture is completely coated with the white chocolate.
- Pour mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper to dry and spread it out. Repeat with melting the green chocolate, then spoon over the mixture. Then add the sprinkles.
- Allow to set until white chocolate has hardened and then break up into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Make sure to check out some of our other fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas here…