This Monster Cookie Poke Cake is a dessert lovers dream and so easy to make! Starts with a moist chocolate cake and then loaded with cookies, M&M’s, creamy chocolate pudding, and velvety whipped cream.
Monster Cookie Poke Cake Recipe
Let me tell you, this Monster Cookie Poke Cake is out-of-this-world amazing. Just imagine sinking your fork into moist chocolate cake layered with crunchy chocolate chip cookies, colorful M&M’s, and a heavenly blend of pudding and cool whip. Trust me, once you take a bite, you won’t be able to resist making it again and again. This cake answers all your dessert desires, whether you’re seeking a weekend treat, celebrating a birthday, or simply satisfying a sweet craving.
What You Need
- Chocolate Cake: The chocolate cake is Chocolate Cake Mix and the ingredients to make it, Eggs, Water and Vegetable Oil. You will add in Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreo’s and M&Ms.
- Filling: Instant Pudding Mix and Milk. You can use the flavor of your choice.
- Cake Topping: The cake topping consists of frosting with Cool Whip and adorning the cake with additional cookie and candy pieces. Additionally, whipped cream is also an option.
How to Make Monster Cookie Poke Cake
- Make the cake: Mix together the cake mix and its ingredients in a large bowl . Add the crushed cookies and candy to the cake batter. Bake the cake in a greased cake pan and let it cool completely.
- Fill the holes: Make the pudding in a large mixing bowl and poke holes all over the cake. Pour the pudding into the holes.
- Frost the Cake: Spread the thawed whipped topping over the top of the cake and top with crushed Oreos, chocolate chip cookies and M&Ms. Chill the cake for at least 4 hours and serve.
Can the Monster Cookie Poke Cake Be Made Ahead
Absolutely! The great news is that this Monster Cookie Poke Cake can be made ahead of time, making it a convenient dessert for special occasions or gatherings.
By making this time, you’ll have one less thing to worry about on the day of your event. Plus, the flavors will have a chance to mingle and develop, resulting in an even more delicious and cohesive dessert.
Place the cake in the refrigerator, covered, overnight and serve the next day.
What is the Best Way to Poke Holes
To create holes in the cake for the Monster Cookie Poke Cake, you have a few options. Here are three popular methods:
- Fork Method: Use a fork to gently poke holes all over the surface of the cake. Press the tines of the fork about halfway into the cake, ensuring that the holes are evenly distributed.
- Wooden Spoon: The handle of a wooden spoon can be used to press holes into the cake.
- Skewer Method: Another effective method is to use a wooden skewer. Simply insert the skewer into the cake, pushing it through to create holes. Rotate the skewer slightly to enlarge the holes if needed.
- Straw Method: If you prefer smaller, more precise holes, a drinking straw can be used. Insert a straw into the cake and twist it slightly to create the desired hole size. Repeat this process until the entire cake surface has been poked.
Tips, Tricks and Variations
- Crush the cookies: Before layering the cookies, give them a gentle crush to create varying sizes of cookie crumbles. This will add a delightful crunch and texture to every bite.
- Get creative with cookie varieties: While traditional chocolate chip cookies work perfectly, feel free to experiment with different cookie flavors like peanut butter, oatmeal, or even white chocolate macadamia. It’s a fantastic opportunity to personalize the cake to your liking!
- Customize the toppings: Along with m&m’s, consider adding other colorful and playful toppings such as sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or even crushed candies. These extra touches will make your cake visually appealing and even more enticing.
Experiment with different pudding flavors: While vanilla pudding is a classic choice, don’t be afraid to venture into other flavors like chocolate, caramel, or even butterscotch. It’s a chance to introduce exciting flavor combinations to your cake.
More Poke Cake Recipes
Monster Cookie Poke Cake
- 1 large Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip 16 ounce
- 6 Oreos crumbled
- 6 Chocolate Chip Cookies crumbled
- M & M's A couple of handfuls, sprinkled on top
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cake Mix, Oil, Eggs, and Water, and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly blended. Add the crushed Oreo’s, crushed Chocolate Chip Cookies, and M & M’s, and stir to blend. Grease a 9 X 11 dish, and pour Cake Batter into dish. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the Cake from the oven, and cool completely.
- Sit the Cool Whip on the counter to thaw while the cake bakes and cools.
- When the Cake is cool to the touch, make the Pudding according to package directions. Poke holes all over the cake with a round wooden spoon handle (See Photos). Pour Pudding over the top of the cake and down into the holes. Open the Cool Whip and stir to make sure it’s completely thawed, and smooth. Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the Cake, evenly, and smooth with the back of a spoon. Crush the Oreo’s, and the Chocolate Chip Cookies, and sprinkle over the Cool Whip. Grab a couple of handfuls of M & M’s, and sprinkle over the Cool Whip – you can use as many as you like.