Old Fashioned Divinity Candy
If you are looking for the best Divinity Candy recipe, you have found it. This Old Fashion Divinity Candy Recipe is easy to make and will be perfect for this holiday season. This light as a feather homemade candy is going to be the star of your holiday baking.
Divinity Candy Recipe
This Divinity Candy is a perfect bite-sized treat. This set of ingredients creates a beautiful, sweet, and fluffy recipe. This recipe is so easy to prepare and you will have a sweet candy in under 30 minutes, not including dry time. Use this candy as part of holiday parties or make a batch to give away as gifts.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- White corn syrup- This will be the added sweetener for the candies.
- Water- You will need the water to be cold for this recipe.
- Eggs- You will need only the egg whites for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract- You can use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Optional Garnish- You can use things like Pecans, whole or chopped, Raisins, Dried fruit or Sprinkles
How to Make Divinity Candy Recipe
Use parchment paper to line baking sheets.
Prepare a medium heavy saucepan and add a candy thermometer to the pan.
Add the sugar, corn syrup, and water to the pan and heat on medium until the ingredients meet a hardball stage. The temperature will reach 250-260 degrees F.
While your ingredients are cooking, begin to beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
Once the sugar is at the right temperature, take away from the heat and gradually add to your egg whites, on high speed, whip continuously.
Pour in the vanilla and beat again until the candy starts to hold its shape. You will do this for about 10-15 minutes.
Before use, spray the cookie scoop, then arrange scoops of dough onto the baking sheets.
Add your desired garnish right after, I used pecans.
You will need to let the candy dry and harder for several hours or overnight for the best results.
Then, store the rest of the candy in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
How do I Store Divinity Candy?
You will need to store the Divinity Candy correctly for it to last the longest. Store this candy a couple of different ways. You can store in an airtight container, Ziploc bag or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
How Long Does it Take for Divinity to Harden?
It can take several hours for the Divinity candy to harden. You will want to give it enough time for the best results. I like to plan on giving it overnight to set and harden before enjoying it.
More Candy Recipes
Divinity Candy Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup white corn syrup
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 eggs whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional Garnish
- Pecans, whole or chopped
- Dried fruit
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Add a candy thermometer to a medium heavy saucepan
- Heat sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat until it reaches hard ball stage, 250-260 degrees F
- While the syrup is cooking, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form
- When the sugar reaches temperature, remove from heat and very slowly pour into the egg white, whipping on high speed constantly
- Add vanilla and continue beating on high until candy holds it shape, about 10-15 minutes ** see notes
- Spray a cookie dough scoop or 2 spoons with cooking spray, then drop scoops of candy onto prepared baking sheets
- Immediately add whole pecan or other garnish, if using
- Allow divinity to dry and harden for several hours or overnight
- Store in airtight container for up to two weeks