If you enjoy cake, you will absolutely fall in love with this recipe because of course cake is one of the best desserts on this planet. This Raspberry Zinger Cake is a flavor baked bite to eat. This will be a great dessert to share with your friends and family.
Raspberry Zinger Cake
This Zinger Cake is so good, you and your family may eat the whole thing! This recipe is so flavorful and has the most delicious frosting to top it off. This recipe has tangy cream cheese and coconut flavor, that just blend together so well with a wonderful aroma of raspberries. You will want this in your favorites!
- Butter – Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Oil- You can use olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2 % milk.
- Eggs- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Raspberry Jello- This will give a stronger flavor of raspberry.
- Fresh Raspberries – The raspberries will need to be washed and drained (Extra berries for topping)
- Cream Cheese – This will need to be softened or at room temp.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is best for homemade frosting.
- Shredded Coconut – You will need to use sweetened coconut.
How to Make a Raspberry Zinger Cake in the Slow Cooker
Make the Frosting
Does This Have Real Raspberries?
This Raspberry Zinger cake does indeed use real raspberries. There are two different ways the raspberry flavoring is used. In this recipe, fresh raspberries are used as well as raspberry jello.
Do I Refrigerate Raspberry Zinger Cake?
You will need to put this Zinger Cake in the fridge because of the frosting. The frosting contains cream cheese which would go bad if left out. Putting the cake in the fridge also helps with the shelf life when sealed in an airtight container.
More Raspberry Desserts
- Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Raspberry Jam Cupcakes
Slow Cooker Raspberry Zinger Cake
- First, spray the Crock-Pot with Cooking Spray, place the lid on the crockpot, and turn the heat to HIGH, to heat the crockpot. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend the melted Butter, and Oil with the Sugar and Vanilla, until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, add the Flour, Baking Powder, salt, and Raspberry Jello, and stir until completely mixed. Add the eggs to the mixing bowl, and blend. Add the flour mixture a little at a time, alternating with the Milk, until all ingredients have been added, and mixed until smooth. Remove the mixing bowl, and fold the fresh Raspberries into the cake batter. Pour the batter into the crockpot, and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high heat for 1 hour, and turn the heat setting to low, and cook an additional 30 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, and the cake is no longer wobbly. When the cake is finished, remove the lid and be careful not to drip any condensation from the lid on the cake. Allow cake to cool in the crockpot, until the Crock liner can be removed. Remove the crock, and let cool to room temperature. Place cake/crock in the refrigerator if the cool cake is preferred.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Cream Cheese, and milk, and blend. Add Vanilla, and blend. Add Powdered Sugar about 1/3 cup at a time, and mix until smooth, thick, and creamy. If Frosting becomes too thick, add a few drops of milk to thin.
- Frost cake with all of the frosting, and generously sprinkle Coconut on top. To serve, cut into 2 - 3-inch slices. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.