Peppermint Oreo Parfait
Do you love the taste of peppermint? Do you love Oreos? Then you’ll love our Peppermint Oreo Parfait! It’s a delicious combination of sweet, creamy ice cream and crunchy Oreos, with a refreshing peppermint flavor that will leave you wanting more.
Oreo and Peppermint is One Delicious Parfait
Wait until you try this incredible parfait. When you need a delicious dessert in a hurry, it doesn’t get easier than this. peppermint Oreo parfait is absolutely stunning. The flavors come together in not time. You can make them ahead of time, and place them in the refrigerator, covered, until you need them. This is one you will want to make again and again.
What You Need to Make a Peppermint Oreo Parfait
- Mini Oreos– You can use full size too, but you will want to break them into pieces.
- For the Filling- Cream Cheese, Heavy Whipping Cream, Vanilla, Powdered Sugar, Sugar, and Lemon Juice- This creates the creamy filling for the parfait
- Peppermint Flavoring and Red Food Coloring Gel– This is for the red swirl. It adds flavor and gives a beautiful appearance.
- Decorations: Peppermint Sticks, Snowman Face – and Sprinkles
Can I Use Peppermint Oreos Instead?
Peppermint Oreos are a favorite during the holidays. Sadly, they are only around for a short time. If you can find them during the holidays, you can use them instead of the mini Oreos.
In fact, you can use any flavor of Oreos you want in this recipe. You can change the peppermint to any flavoring to match.
How to Make Peppermint Oreo Parfaits
Step 1- Oreo Layer.
Prepare the Mini Oreos by crushing them and adding them to the bottom of the parfait glass and setting them aside.
Step 2- Cheesecake Batter.
Add the cream cheese and heavy cream into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine on low, then high for 1 minute until creamy and fluffy. (Use a spatula to scrape the mixing bowl as needed)
Step 3- White Cheesecake Batter.
Pour in the vanilla and combine. Next, add in the sugar, lemon juice, and combine until smooth. Additionally, a little at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine on low until blended.
Step 4- Portioning the Batter.
Separate the batter in two and place one half in a small bowl and leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
Step 5- Red Cheesecake Batter Layer.
Add the peppermint flavoring to the mixing bowl and combine with the red food coloring gel until fully incorporated and no white is showing.
Step 6- Preparing the Piping Bag.
Prepare a 10-12-inch piece of plastic wrap and lay it on the surface of a counter carefully. Add a thick line of the white cheesecake batter in the center of the plastic. Next, add the thick line of the red cheesecake batter right by the white. Roll the plastic into a tube and fold the ends. Use scissors to cut the tip of the plastic tube and place it into a pastry bag with a tip.
Step 7- Decorating the parfait.
In a swirling motion, add the cheesecake into the parfait glasses and bring it up to a point. Place one peppermint stick on the side of each glass and top with colored sprinkles. Finish off with the snowman face on the opposite side of the parfait.
Step 8- Serving.
Set the parfaits in the fridge until it is ready to serve and slightly cover with plastic wrap. Serve and enjoy!
Can Oreo Parfaits be Made Ahead
Absolutely! These can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you need them. Make the Peppermint Oreo Parfaits and place them in the refrigerator. Then you want to cover it lightly until you are ready to use it.
More Parfait Recipes:
Peppermint Oreo Parfait
- Snowmen faces - See link
- 6 Parfait Glasses
- 1 package of Mini Oreo's
- 3 packages of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces - softened
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 drop of Peppermint flavoring - in Red Batter
- Red Food Coloring Gel - about 5 or 6 drops
- Peppermint Sticks - See link
- Sprinkles - See link
- Crush the bag of Mini Oreo's and fill the bottom of the Parfait glasses with the Cookie Crumbs. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Softened Cream Cheese, and Heavy Whipping Cream, and mix on low to blend.
- Turn mixer to high for about 1 minute, until creamy and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed, and mix again.
- Add the vanilla, and mix.
- Add the Sugar, and Lemon Juice, and blend until smooth.
- Add the Powdered Sugar, and mix on low until blended, then scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until blended.
- Divide the Cheesecake Batter in half, by removing half of the Batter to a small bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add the Peppermint Flavoring, and mix.
- Add the Red Food Coloring Gel, and mix until well blended and no white is left.
- Tear off a piece of Plastic Wrap (Glad Wrap) about 10 or 12 inches wide and lay it out flat on the counter. Carefully,
- Place the White Cheesecake batter in a long Ribbon on the Plastic Wrap.
- Place the Red Cheesecake Batter next to the White Batter in a long Ribbon on the Plastic Wrap.
- Roll the wrap up around the Cheesecake and fold the ends up.
- Cut off one end of the plastic wrap, and place the Plastic Wrap in a Pastry Bag with a tip, and pipe into Parfait glasses, on top of Cookie Crumbs, in a swirling motion, coming up to a point at the top of the glass.
- Place a Peppermint Stick on the side of each Parfait glass, and Sprinkle the top of the Cheesecake batter with the colored Sprinkles.
- Place the Snowman Face on the other side of the Glass (see photo).
- Place in the refrigerator until time to serve, covering lightly with plastic wrap.
- Serve, and Enjoy!