Peanut Butter Frosting is a terrific homemade icing for all the peanut butter lovers. It is creamy, delicious and super easy to make. You can use it to ice your favorite chocolate cake, cupcakes, brownies and cookies.
Homemade frosting is awesome because it’s usually very easy to make and can be used to make a boring boxed cake mix come to life. Our Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe is another one that I just love so much. Use them to top off your favorite dessert.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
If you are a peanut butter lover, you will really like this frosting. You can whip it up in just a few minutes and use it to top of your favorite dessert. Of course, the best pairing in my opinion is on top of all things chocolate, but it goes great with all sorts of dessert flavors.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Frosting
Most, if not all, of these ingredients are things you’ve probably got in your pantry right now. Just five simple things is all you need.
- Creamy Peanut Butter. You probably saw that ingredient coming, right? Ha! Everyone has their favorite brand of peanut butter so use whichever you love best.
- Unsalted Butter. It’s important you don’t grab salted butter because we are adding salt in ourselves.
- Vanilla. This gives a lot of the flavor so always try to use real vanilla and not imitation.
- Salt. Just half a teaspoon.
- Powdered Sugar.
How To Make Peanut Butter Frosting
- Beat the butter and peanut butter together. (Make sure your butter is soft first.)
- Add in just half the powdered sugar, the vanilla, salt and milk and mix again.
- Add in the rest of the powdered sugar until the frosting is creamy. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients.
This will make enough frosting for about 12-24 cupcakes (depending on their size and how much frosting you use per cupcake) or two round cakes. Super easy, right?
With simple ingredients and a super easy recipe, I think you’ll find yourself making this frosting over and over for birthday cakes and sweet treats.
If you are looking for even more peanut butter desserts to love, here are a few of our favorites.
More Recipes To Try Next
Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
Reese’s Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake
Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (two full sticks)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, or using a stand mixer and paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and peanut butter together until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, milk, and about half of the powdered sugar, mixing on low to medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add in the remaining half of the powdered sugar, and beat on medium to high speed until it is well blended and creamy.
- Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl to get all of the ingredients combined into the frosting.
- Use a frosting spatula to frost a cake or piping bag to frost cupcakes. I used a Wilton 2D frosting tip.