Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best fall cookie recipe. We are all about pumpkin when the leaves start to change, aren’t we? These cookies are like tiny little pumpkin pies with chocolate and they are so good. Make a batch of these with a warm pumpkin spice latte and you are in fall heaven.
Cookie Recipes are a staple here, especially when Autumn comes into town. I get the urge to bake every time the weather turns cool. These cookies are some of my favorite.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
The combination of chocolate with pumpkin is delightful. I feel like chocolate gets overlooked in the fall because we love pumpkin spice so much. I for one though, will not let chocolate be forgotten. With pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses and chocolate chips, these cookies are so dang good.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Pumpkin Puree – this isn’t the same as pumpkin pie filling you see around the holidays. Pumpkin puree is just pumpkin and has no seasoning.
- Butter – melted.
- Sugar – you’ll need granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Molasses – this adds a great, sweet flavor to the cookies.
- Vanilla extract – the real stuff always makes a better dessert than imitation.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – this is a combination of round cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix the pumpkin, sugars, molasses and vanilla into melted butter.
- Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until it’s combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out and roll into balls. Flatten them down to discs and cool in the fridge on cookie sheets for 3 hours.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the edges begin to brown slightly.
We served these up fresh out of the oven with a glass of cool milk. I cannot wait to make this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe again soon!I also have a strong feeling everyone I fed them to will be back for more. Enjoy!
More Amazing Fall Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 C unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips + 1/4 cup reserved
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, both sugars, molasses and vanilla extract into the melted butter until combined
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually mix in your dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop some dough onto your hands and roll into a ball
- Place onto the cookie sheet and lightly press down with your fingers until a thick disk forms. Add the reserved chocolate chips on top of each disk of cookie dough.
- Repeat steps with remaining dough until all is gone
- Place both cookie sheets into the fridge for 3 hours
- Once the 3 hours are up, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.