Pumpkin Crisp is the ultimate dessert for pumpkin lovers. The cinnamon pumpkin filling with a crispy, sweet topping is the perfect combination. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra decadence, and you will never want pumpkin pie again!
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Crisp Recipe
Easy recipes that taste amazing are always my go-to. This pumpkin crisp recipe is a perfect example! Preparing this dessert is so fast and easy, it is the perfect fall dessert. The filling ingredients get mixed, and the topping mixture is combined and added on top. It takes just a few minutes of prep time to get it together. The longest wait is when it is baking. I promise it is worth it! The pumpkin filling is creamy and warm, while the topping is a little sugary and crunchy. It’s the best texture contrast.
If you are looking for a way to get your children involved in the kitchen around Thanksgiving, this recipe is great for that! A lot of the work is dumping ingredients into a bowl and whisking them together. It’s so simple to follow. My kids love to help with cooking and baking. They feel so accomplished and proud. Plus, they get excited to taste what they made!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Like so many baked goods, many of the ingredients needed are pantry staples. Take a look at the recipe card for exact measurements. Luckily, canned pumpkin is available almost all year round in the baking aisle. You can make this whenever you desire!
For the Filling:
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure you are using puree and not pumpkin pie filling. You can use canned or homemade pumpkin puree; whatever you prefer.
- Heavy Cream
- Light Brown Sugar – use store bought or make our easy homemade brown sugar.
- Granulated Sugar
- Spices – Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger
For the Topping:
- Flour: I use all-purpose flour in this recipe.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Butter: I recommend salted butter. It will be melted before you add it to the other topping ingredients.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Crisp
Hands down, this is one of the quickest desserts I have put together. It’s so simple! Even though you have to wait almost an hour for it to bake, your whole house will smell like Fall.
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray or oil.
- Step 2. Whisk pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Step 3. Pour the pumpkin crisp batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Step 4. Combine flour, brown sugar, melted butter, pecans, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Step 5. Sprinkle the pumpkin crumble topping over the batter evenly.
- Step 6. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is browned, the center is set, and no longer moist.
- Step 7. Allow to cool slightly before serving warm.
What are some ways I can serve this pumpkin crisp?
I love eating this pumpkin crisp warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also add extra chopped pecans on top for some crunch. It’s even yummy cold with a dollop of whipped cream!
Can I use pumpkin pie spice?
Yes! Omit the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Replace them with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
How do I store leftovers?
Place leftover pumpkin pie crisp in an airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I reheat the pumpkin crisp?
Yes. Scoop into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or until warmed through.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Streusel Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared 9×13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, butter, pecans, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle topping over filling evenly. Bake for 50-55 minutes; until browned and center is no longer moist.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- This can also be served cold with whipped cream. Both ways are very good!
- In the filling, the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger can be substituted with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate leftovers covered for up to 3-4 days.