These Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies will quickly become one of your new fall favorites, with pumpkin spice cookies rolled in powdered sugar then baked to perfection. Quick & easy to prepare and perfect for fall!
Easy Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
This Pumpkin Crinkle Cookie recipe is so easy to make! These cookies are super flavorful and best with a cup of milk. You will have a wonderful cookie recipe in under 15 minutes to share with your friends and family.
What You’ll Need
These pumpkin crinkle cookies are made with pumpkin puree plus basic pantry staples. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking powder & baking soda – These leavening agents allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This will be used to give your recipe that classic pumpkin spice flavor.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Eggs– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Pumpkin puree- Be sure to use puree and not pumpkin filling. I like to use my homemade pumpkin puree.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- You will use this sugar to roll the cookies in.
How to Make Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
These easy fall cookies come together in just a few easy steps.
- Make the cookie dough. Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla, followed by the butter. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Make the sugar mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining sugar and powdered sugar.
- Form the dough balls. Use a small ice cream scooper to form dough balls, then dip each one in the sugar mixture to completely coat. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cookies become puffy. Allow to cool completely.
Can I Make Crinkle Cookies Ahead of Time?
This crinkle cookie recipe can be made in under 15 minutes. Although, if you are in a rush or need to prepare ahead of time you can. The results for cookies are always best when made fresh, but just be sure to correctly store the dough before use.
These pumpkin crinkle cookies are so delicious! They are so flavorful and do not need to be coated with anything. I like to serve them with a big glass of milk. But, if you want to add anything, you can make a simple vanilla or pumpkin icing.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Nutella Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, ½ C sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Beat in the butter until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and smooth
- Using a small bowl, combine the sugar and powdered sugar
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and drop it into the sugar mixture
- Completely coat the dough, remove the dough and roll it into a ball
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are puffy
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely