Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
The sweet scent of gingerbread may soon fill your house, mixed with the delicious scent of Pumpkin. You can enjoy these wonderful Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe for any occasion during this Fall season. You can enjoy these with your friends and family.
Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe
These creamy and flavorful Gingerbread Whoopies are so amazing. This recipe has a combination of ingredients to make an incredible dessert. The directions are very simple to follow along with. This is going to become one of your favorite holiday recipes. Make these pumpkin gingerbread whoopie pies with Gingerbread Poke Cake or Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will be used to help your ingredients rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will be used to bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This will be used for the pumpkin flavor.
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your dessert.
- Egg- You will need your eggs to be at room temperature.
- Molasses- This will be an added sweetener to your recipe.
- Buttermilk- You can use whole or 2% milk as a substitute.
- Cream Cheese Frosting– Use this 4 ingredient recipe for an amazing frosting
How to Make Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
Add the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Add the butter and sugar to an electric mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy on medium-high for about 2-3 minutes.
Mix in your eggs and mix until combined.
Add in the molasses, buttermilk, and dry ingredients in 3 parts, you will start and finish with the dry ingredients on low speed. Mix until completely combined.
Use a tablespoon to add the batter onto the baking sheet.
Put your sheet into the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes until the edges are light brown and moist in the middle.
Take out and allow to cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Make the Cream cheese frosting
Add all the frosting ingredients to a standing mixer until fully combined and stiff with peaks.
Add the frosting to a piping bag.
Match each cookie with the same partner sizes.
Add a dollop of the frosting to the bottom cookie.
Then, add the top and gently press together.
What Filling Goes Into Whoopie Pies?
For this Gingerbread Whoopie Pies, you will be using a certain type of filling. For this recipe, you will use a simple cream cheese filling. The cream cheese is the best fitting filling for this recipe
Do I Need to Refrigerate Pumpkin Whoopie Pies?
You will be using cream cheese for this Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. The filling is what contains the cream cheese. Considering there is cream cheese, this recipe will need to be refrigerated.
More Gingerbread Recipes
- Gingerbread Mini Cheesecakes
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
- Gingerbread Monkey Bread
- Old-Fashioned Gingerbread Cake
- Gingerbread Man Cookies
Pumpkin spice gingerbread whoopie pies
- 3 ¾ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ C unsalted butter softened
- ¾ C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- ¾ C molasses
- ¾ C buttermilk
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ½ C Powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with tip
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,
- beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
- Beat in egg until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add molasses, buttermilk and dry ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown but the center is still moist, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting
Cream cheese frosting :
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and stiff with peaks.
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Match up the cookies to their size partners
- Pipe a dollop of frosting onto the bottom cookie
- Place the top cookie on top of the frosting and lightly press the cookies together.