Pumpkin Mousse made inside these chocolate cups is going to be your new favorite pumpkin dessert this fall. This is a fun new way to eat pumpkin!
We are obsessed with pumpkin right now. Right now we’re loving Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Bread Cheesecake and our Crustless Pumpkin Pie. These recipes are so good. I can’t wait for Thanksgiving!
This recipe for mousse is really easy to make. The basic ingredients are vanilla pudding and pumpkin puree. Mix those together with spices, sugar and milk and you have the basics of a pumpkin mousse!
Fold whipped heavy cream into the mixture and you’re all set!
To make this yummy mousse so you can grab it and go (and toss the spoon to the side) we’ve made a chocolate cup.
Before making your mousse, get these cups sitting in the fridge hardening. You’ll start by melting chocolate chips in the microwave, then use a basting brush to coat cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
Let them sit in the fridge for about four hours or until they’re hard. You can also just go ahead and do this step the night before. When they’re done, peel the cupcake liner off carefully before filling with mousse.
Top these off with a chocolate chip, a pecan, some coconut or cinnamon. You can keep these in the refrigerator for up to four days. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Mousse in Chocolate Cups
- 12 oz. chocolate chips melted
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass bowl, microwaving for 60 seconds and then stirring. Continue microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Scoop chocolate into cupcake liners to about ¼ full, and then use the brush to paint the chocolate up the sides of the liner.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before carefully removing the liners. A toothpick can be used to pull the liner away from the chocolate.
- Mix the vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin puree, milk, sugar and spices until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the heavy cream at high speed until thick.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin pudding mixture.
- Put pumpkin mousse into a piping bag and then pipe into the chocolate cups.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.