Pumpkin Bread Cheesecake
This pumpkin bread cheesecake is one of a kind. Fluffy cheesecake on top of a pumpkin bread crust is going to be the best cheesecake you ever have. I am telling you, you have never had a cheesecake like this before.
While the kids and I love being in the kitchen and making something special, sometimes, I want something fast and easy and when it comes to this cheesecake recipe, that is what it is. It doesn’t take much time and it is something that the kids and I can make together.
Pumpkin Bread Cheesecake
I love cheesecake but sometimes it can be too time-consuming to make. This fluffy cheesecake is a perfect option because it’s No-Bake. Make it in this Pumpkin Bread Crust or use a regular store-bought graham cracker crust and have cheesecake without the work.
Can I add pumpkin to the cheesecake filling?
The pumpkin in this cheesecake comes from the pumpkin bread crust. There isn’t any pumpkin in the no-bake fluffy cheesecake.
If you want the cheesecake to have pumpkin in it, you can easily add some. Make the cheesecake as you would for this recipe and then add in 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree. Be sure to whip it well into the cheesecake batter.
Is it okay to freeze this pumpkin bread cheesecake recipe?
YES! You can absolutely keep this cheesecake in the freezer. After you have made the cheesecake, it goes to the freezer to set. While you bring it to the refrigerator afterward, you can decide to wrap and label it and leave in the freezer for another day.
This is a great idea if you do not think it will all be eaten before it spoils. If you decide to keep the cheesecake in the freezer, you might want to slice it first.
Let it freeze, then the next day bring it out for a few minutes to let it thaw slightly. This will help to cut it. Cut the slices, and then you can put it back in the freezer. This way, you can take out a slice as you want it, and do not have to let the whole pie thaw.
More Pumpkin Recipes
I adore pumpkin. I will eat pumpkin all year round, but of course, once fall hits, the pumpkin cravings hit. I like to have simple pumpkin recipes that we can make any time, easily, like Easy No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream.
If you want another pumpkin dessert that is kind of like this one, Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake is a good one to try. Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake is a moist cake with cheesecake on top. I think no matter which pumpkin recipe you try, you are going to love them as much as I do.
Ingredients for layered pumpkin cheesecake recipe
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Orange zest
- canned pumpkin
- oil or butter
- heavy cream
- chopped nuts
- golden raisins
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
How to make a fluffy cheesecake with pumpkin bread crust
You begin by mixing wet ingredients for the pumpkin bread together. I sift the wet ingredients in, and follow the directions for preparing the pan. Once I pop the bread into the oven to bake, I move on to the filling.
Fluffy Cheesecake with Pumpkin Bread Crust
FOR THE PUMPKIN BREAD CRUST:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of oil or melted butter
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 5 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 2 - 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar, orange zest, canned pumpkin, oil, and vanilla, and blend well.
- In the middle/on top of the pumpkin/egg mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt, and blend the dry ingredients together right on top of the pumpkin mixture, and then blend the flour and spices into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Add nuts and raisins at this time, if desired, and blend into batter.
- Set mixture aside, and place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch Spring-form pan.
- Fill the bottom of the pan with the batter, about an inch deep.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a loaf pan, and flour the pan, and tap out any excess flour. Pour the remaining batter in the loaf pan.
- Place the Spring-form pan, and the loaf pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- (The Spring-form pan may be done before the loaf pan, so watch them closely).
- Once the pumpkin bread crust is done (and the loaremove from oven to a wire rack to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, make the cheesecake filling.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the 5 packages of softened cream cheese, and about 1/2 of the heavy cream, and blend until smooth, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blending until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, and pinch of salt, and blend well.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time with a little of the cream, alternating between additions, and blending well between additions.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl again, and blend until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Place the mixing bowl with the cheesecake filling in the refrigerator.
Assemble the Fluffy Cheesecake with Pumpkin Bread Crust
- When the crust is cool, remove the cheesecake filling from the refrigerator, and pour into the Spring-form pan on top of the pumpkin bread crust, smoothing the cheesecake with a spatula.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer, and allow to chill and set overnight.
- When ready to serve, crumble the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan on top of the cheesecake, and then remove the outside of the Spring-form pan.
- Cut in pieces, and serve immediately. Enjoy!