We made this Football Snack now that the season has kicked off. NFL football is a big deal in this house and we are big Atlanta Falcons fans!
This football sandwich and apple helmet were fun to make and the boys loved it. We are ready for some football!
What You’ll Need
- Dark German wheat bread
- Provolone cheese
- 1 apple
- Twizzler strings
- Strawberry cream cheese
How To Make A Football Lunch
- Cut 2 pieces of bread into football shapes. Cut the turkey and cheese to fit and put on the inside.
- Cut the stripes and laces out of the cheese scraps and add on top of the football.
- Tilt the apple just a bit and cut off a small piece from the bottom so the apple will stay on the plate. Cut out part of the apple to resemble a helmet.
- Take a toothpick and poke 3 holes down each side of the cut out part of the apple.
- Pull off a few Twizzler strips and pinch off 3 pieces to go across that helmet.
- Pinch off 2 smaller pieces to go down the front of face mask.
- Poke the longer pieces into the holes…they will pop right in.
- Glue your shorter pieces on with strawberry cream cheese, but you could use regular, peanut butter, or whatever!