Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
This is one of the best coffee cake recipes EVER! Topped with raspberries and a perfect light streusel topping, it is the epitome of perfection on a dessert plate. While the coffee cake is typically thought to be a sweet breakfast option or treat to eat alongside a cup of coffee, I love presenting this as a dessert after dinner.
How To Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Ingredients you will need:
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Vanilla extract
How to Make the Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Filling
To begin, you will need to prepare your pan and preheat the oven as directed. Next, you will mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg white and set aside.
How to Make Coffee Cake
For the cake, you will cream together butter and sugar and then add in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. To this, you will sift or stir in the dry ingredients as directed.
Pour this batter into your prepared pan, and then top with the cream cheese mixture you just made.
Add raspberries across the top of the cream cheese.
Make the streusel topping
Combine the sugar, flour, and chilled butter. Using a pastry blender to cut the butter into the sugar and flour. It will resemble pea-sized crumbs.
Does This Raspberry Coffee Cake Need a Glaze?
With the streusel topping on this coffee cake, I would not normally add a glaze. However, if you want to add one, making a powdered sugar glaze is an easy option.
Can I Use Raspberry Jam Instead of Fresh Raspberries?
If you wanted to use jam instead of the fresh raspberries. It will change the consistency slightly but it is not a bad change. This might be a fun way to change up the recipe. Just follow the same measurements and instructions when adding the different fruit or jam.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the filling: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric hand mixer until creamy. Add egg white and mix again to combine. Set aside.
For the cake batter:
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add in the egg and egg yolk, vanilla, and sour cream. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Transfer the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Spread the cream cheese filling over the top, and add the raspberries onto cream cheese filling.
For the streusel topping:
- Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the sugar and flour until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the other coffee cake layers, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack. Once cooled, run a thin knife around the cake and loosen the outer ring of the springform pan.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Springform Pan