These Red, White and Blue Jello Shots are so good, and it’s such a festive way to celebrate Memorial Day or 4th of July. These patriotic shots are sure to be a hit at any celebration you’re having. These would be great on a Buffet table, around the pool, Backyard Barbecue, or a Picnic. No matter when you choose to serve them, everyone will love them.
- Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka- You can use regular vodka, but the whipped cream flavored vodka gives a special flavor and takes some of harshness out of the vodka.
- Torani Vanilla Syrup- This gives a delicious vanilla flavor to the shots.
- Unflavored Gelatin- Unflavored gelatin works like Jello but it is clear and has no flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This forms the white layer of the Red, White and Blue Jello shots.
- Redi-whip Whipped Cream – This is to top off the Jello shots.
How to Make Red, White and Blue Jello Shots
Start by blooming the gelatin for 15 minutes.
Add the vodka and vanilla and stir well. Then divide the mixture into 3 bowls.
Add red coloring to one bowl and blue to another and sweetened condensed milk to the 3rd. Stir each one well.
Add a red layer to the shot glasses and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour. Add the white layer and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Next add the blue layer and place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Before serving, add whipped cream.
What Flavor are Red, White and Blue Jello Shots
These Jello shots are vanilla flavor thanks to the vanilla syrup. You can use a different flavor syrup or add a different extract to the shots. You can also change the flavored vodka for a different flavor.
Can I Use Flavored Jello?
The reason I use unflavored gelatin is because it lets me control the color and the flavor. However, you can change out the gelatin and use flavored Jello instead. Just make sure the flavors pair together before mixing everything together like a blueberry and strawberry jello.
More Red, White and Blue Ideas
Red, White and Blue Jello Shots
- Pour the water into a large measuring cup with a spout. Sprinkle the Gelatin over the water, and let the gelatin bloom for 15 minutes, until completely dissolved.
- Add the Vodka, and Vanilla Syrup, and stir well.
- Divide the Gelatin mixture evenly into 3 bowls, and add the Red Food Coloring Gel into one of the bowls, the Blue Food Coloring Gel into another bowl, and the Sweetened Condensed Milk into the last bowl. (The Milk will make the White Layer).
- Stir well to blend completely.
- Add the Red layer in the bottom of the shot glasses, filling them about 1/3 of the way.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for one hour.
- Remove the shot glasses from the refrigerator, and add the White layer, filling the shot glasses about 2/3 of the way, and place the shot glasses back in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and add the top layer of Blue Gelatin, filling the glasses.
- Place the glasses back in the refrigerator for another hour to set the Gelatin.
- Before serving, remove the glasses from the refrigerator, and top with the Redi-whip, whipped Cream.
- Serve, and Enjoy!