This 7 Layer Flag Dip is SO easy to make! We are sure this would be a huge hit at any 4th of July party.
Making fun and festive treats for holidays is one of my favorite things to do. When it’s something that looks incredible but is actually quite easy to make – that is my favorite! This Red White and Blue Bundt Cake and our Patriotic Poke Cake are great examples.
7 Layer Flag Dip for 4th of July
Are you going to any fun BBQ’s for Independence Day? If you are, you’re totally going to want to make this dip.
It’s one of those dishes you bring in and everyone gushes over. Everybody there will be asking you how you made it.
Not only does it look awesome and just like the American flag, it tastes so delicious.
Making Your Flag Dip
To make this great dip, you’ll layer all your favorite Mexican 7 layer dip ingredients like beans, salsa, cheese and lettuce.
Then, you get to the fun part. Making the flag!
The stripes are made out of a cream cheese and sour cream mixture and diced tomatoes.
The blue part of the flag, is actually crushed chips! And guess what the little circle for stars is? Cheese!
If it looks intricate and tricky it isn’t: because to make those tiny dots, use an icing tip upside down and use it as a little mini cookie cutter.
We love how this turned out & will definitely be making this to bring to our next July 4th party!
Easy 7-Layer Flag Taco Dip
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Bag Shredded Lettuce
- Black Olives
- 1 Jar Salsa
- 1 Large Tomato chopped
- Blue Corn Chips we like the ones from World Market
- 1 Slice Provolone Cheese
- Mix the can of refried beans with taco seasoning
- Spread on the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan
- Add your can of salsa as the next layer
- Sprinkle your olives on top
- Then your bag of lettuce
- Next is your bag of shredded cheese
For the square of the flag at the top left corner
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese together
- Spread half of your mixtureit into the shape of a square in the corner
- Crush your blue chips
- Sprinkle the chips over the square
- Cut out small circles from a slice of provolone cheese & place then on top of the crushed blue chips. (We used the end of a small icing tip to cut ours out.)
For the rest of the flag
- Spoon the remaining sour cream mixture in a baggie & snip off the corner.
- Squeeze out 6 lines across the shredded cheese layer to make the white stripes of the flag.
- Sprinkle your diced tomatoes in between the white stripes to make the red ones.