How gorgeous is this Red White and Blue Cheesecake? Layered with red, white, and blue, this cheesecake is sure to be a show stopper at your next 4th of July Party. The vanilla cheesecake and cherries on top create a classic cheesecake flavor but the overall look of this cheesecake sets it apart from the rest. This is so easy to make using the Instant Pot.
Red White and Blue Cheesecake
This easy to make Red White and Blue Cheesecake is perfect for any celebration, especially for 4th of July or Memorial Day. The blue crust combined with the white cheesecake and topped with red cherry pie filling looks stunning and it tastes absolutely amazing.
- Graham cracker crumbs- You can make your own crumbs or you can use store bought graham cracker crumbs
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in a recipe
- Sky blue gel food coloring– This will be used to add the blue to the red white and blue cheesecake
- Cream cheese- Always use room temperature cream cheese when making cheesecake
- Sugar- The best cheesecakes need sugar.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is used to stabilize the cheesecake.
- Eggs- Always use temperature eggs when making cheesecake.
- Vanilla bean extract- Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream- The whipping cream is used to create a whipped cream to hold the cherry filling in place.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is used to make the whipped cream
- Cherry pie filling- This is the red layer of the red, white, and blue cheesecake.
How to Make an Instant Pot Red White and Blue Cheesecake
Make the cheesecake crust by combining the crumbs with melted butter. Then add in the food coloring until it is mixed in well.
Add the crumb mixture into a prepared 6 inch springform pan and press it up the sides.
Place the crust in the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture.
Make the Cheesecake Batter
Mix together the sugar and the cornstarch.
Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
Add in one egg at a time and make sure it is well combined before adding the next.
Next, add in the vanilla extract.
Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and cover the pan with foil.
Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot and then add the trivet.
Place the pan on top of the trivet and then close the lid.
Set the pressure to high and for 40 minutes.
Allow for a 20 minute release.
Remove the lid and then use a paper towel to get the condensation off the foil.
Remove the pot and then allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
Make the Whipped Cream
Use a mixer to beat together the whipped cream ingredients until it starts to form stiff peaks.
Add the whipped cream into a piping bag and then pipe dollops around the edge of the cheesecake.
Scoop the cherry filling onto the center of the cheesecake.
Do I Have to Use a Springform Pan?
You can make cheesecake without using a springform pan. Most people prefer the springform pan because the sides come away and you do not have to attempt to get the cheesecake out of the pan, which can be difficult and result in a messy cheesecake.
Why Did My Cheesecake Crack?
The most common reason cheesecake cracks is because the fats that are used, cream cheese, eggs, and in some cases sour cream, was not at room temperature. Always let these items come to room temperature before making the batter.
More Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Tiramisu Cheesecake
- New York Fudge Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
- IP Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
Red White and Blue Cheesecake
- 2 C crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
- 2-3 drops sky blue gel food coloring
Vanilla Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ C sugar
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla bean extract
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 8 oz cherry pie filling
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs
- Mix in the blue food coloring until combined
- Press the crust into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
Vanilla Cheesecake Directions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the vanilla bean extract
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Whipped Cream Directions
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Pipe dollops along the edge
- Scoop Cherry Pie Filling into the center of the cheesecake
- Cut and serve!