Who’s looking for a delicious red, white, and blue dessert? This Red, White, and Blue Jello is perfect for upcoming picnics and celebrations. This simple dessert looks beautiful and festive while tasting amazing.
Red White and Blue Jello
This Jello is really good and easy to make. You can make this dessert recipe for literally anyone and it is definitely an eye-catcher. This recipe can be made ahead of time and any leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap and kept in the fridge. This recipe will be ready in no time, and if you want another super tasty and fun recipe to make, then try out this Starburst Jello Cheesecake (No Bake) or this Halloween Jello Cups.
- Grape Jello- This will be used for the base layer.
- Blue Raspberry Jello- This will be used for the middle layer.
- Raspberry Jello- This will be used for the top layer.
- Gelatin- You will need the unflavored gelatin.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- You will need Eagle-brand for this recipe
- Whipped Cream- Use the Ready-whip for this recipe.
- Raspberries- You will need fresh raspberries for this recipe.
How to Make Red White and Blue Jello
First, use parchment paper to line a 9 x 13-inch dish.
Secondly, follow the directions on the grape Jello packet and add to the prepared dish, then place the dish into the fridge for an hour.
Thirdly, prepare the gelatin in a medium dish by pour 1/2 a cup of water and combine, then let sit for 5 minutes until dissolved.
Next, add 1/2 cup of boiling water into the gelatin and combine.
Now, add in the milk and combine.
After, allow the ingredients to cool and take the grape Jello out of the fridge, then add overtop of the grape layer and place back into the fridge.
Allow the white layer to chill for 1 hour.
Next, follow the instructions of the blue Jello and let it cool until just barely warm.
Take the white layer out of the fridge and add the blue layer on top and place it back into the fridge for an hour or until firm.
Now, make another white layer according to the previous white layer directions and add on top of the blue layer, then place into the fridge until firm.
After, follow the directions for the raspberry Jello, then allow the Jello to reach room temperature and add on top of the white layer.
Finally, place the Jello back into the fridge until firm.
The last Jello layer will take about 2-3 hours to fully set, once set, slice the jello into big cubes (3×3-inches).
Top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and enjoy!
How to Store Red White and Blue Jello?
You can store the Jello in the dish you used to make it. You will use plastic wrap to cover the recipe. Place the leftover Jello in the fridge.
What is the White in the Jello?
The white layer is a combination of ingredients. It is a creamy layer that is a combination of sweetened condensed milk and gelatin. The gelatin holds the layer together and makes it firm while the milk gives it a sweet creamy taste.
More Jello Recipes:
Red White and Blue Jello
- 1 small box of Grape Jello - 3.4 ounces
- 1 small box of Blue Raspberry Jello - 3.4 ounces
- 1 small box of Raspberry Jello - 3.4 ounces
FOR THE WHITE LAYERS:
- Unflavored Gelatin - 2 envelopes
- Eagle-brand Milk - 1/2 cup
- 1 can of Ready-whip - whipped cream
- Fresh Raspberries
- Line the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish with Parchment paper. Make the Grape Jello according to package directions, and pour into the 9 X 13 dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator to set the Jello, about an hour. Make one envelope of the Un-flavored Gelatin; pour 1/2 cup of water in a medium dish, and sprinkle the envelope of Gelatin over the water, and let it sit for 5 minutes, to bloom, or absorb all the water. Bring another 1/2 cup of water to a boil, and pour over Gelatin, and stir to dissolve. Pour in 1/2 cup of Eagle-brand Milk, and stir well to combine. Let mixture cool, and remove the dish from the refrigerator, and pour over Grape Jello layer, and return the dish to the refrigerator. Let white layer set for about an hour until firm. Make the Blue Raspberry Jello, according to box directions, and let cool until just barely warm. Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and pour the Blue Raspberry layer over the white layer, and return the dish to the refrigerator. Let set in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until firm to the touch. Make the second white layer, exactly like the directions for the first white layer, and pour the 2nd white layer of Gelatin over the Blue Raspberry layer, and place the dish back in the refrigerator until firm to the touch. When the second white layer is firm, make the Raspberry Jello according to package directions. Let the Raspberry Jello cool to room temperature, and pour over the white layer. Place the dish back in the refrigerator, and let the Raspberry layer set or firm. When the Raspberry layer is completely set (about 2 - 3 hours).
- Cut the Jello into large square pieces (3 X 3 inches) and serve topped with Whipped cream, and a fresh raspberry on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.