Tis the season to be hungry! Enjoy this Christmas with these amazing Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups. They are a simple dessert that includes peanut butter cups, cookie dough, white chocolate, candy canes, icing, and sprinkles.
Hot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
I love this recipe for the holidays or when I need a cute dessert for a party or event. They are made to look like mini cups with a candy cane handle and are perfect for a buffet of desserts. They only require a few ingredients and can be ready in just 30 minutes.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar Cookie Dough: You will need a 24-pack of store-bought dough or make it homemade.
Reese’s Cups: These will be added to the cookie cups along with the candy canes. You will use the white chocolate chips melted as glue to stick the candy canes to the cup.
White Icing: You will add a dollop of this and holiday sprinkles on top.
How To Make Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
Step 1. Set the love to 350 degrees and use non-stick spray to grease a mini muffin pan. Break up the cookie dough and put it into each muffin cavity. Using a tablespoon cup or your fingers, make a well in the center of the dough. Place in the oven to bake for 13 minutes or until lightly browned. While the cookies are baking, take the mini Reese’s cups out of the wrappers and cut the mini candy canes using a serrated knife. Place the hook of the candy can onto the cookie cup to make a handle. Use the rest of the candy cane for a “mixing stick” or “straw”
Step 2. Take the cookies out of the oven and put Reese’s cup in the center once it is cooled slightly, stick the candy cane into the cup. Put the pan in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes to chill and harden. This will make it easier to remove from the pan. Once cooled, in a small bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Use the melted chocolate to attach the candy cane handle to the cookie cup. Continue until all of them are made and place aside for 10 minutes to dry. When the time is up, pipe some of the white icings onto the top of the cups and top it with holiday sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups:
You may want to try other kinds of ingredients or flavors for this recipe, so you can use some of the options below if desired to alter the recipe.
- Milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips instead of white chocolate.
- You can remove the candy canes or crush them and add them on top, but they do add a cute decoration.
- Chocolate icing instead of white.
Tips & Tricks
- Place any leftover cookies in an airtight container in a single layer for the best storage method.
- These can be left at room temperature or stored in the fridge.
More Cookie Cup Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling
- Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
- S’mores Cookie Cups
- Boston Cream Pie Cookie Cups
Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Break apart the cookie dough and place cookie dough into each well of the pan, use the back of a tablespoon cup or your fingers and make a small well in the middle of the cookie dough. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap the mini Reese’s cups and using a serrated knife cut the mini candy canes. Carefully cut the hook of the mini candy cane to make the “handle” of your cookie cup. Save the remaining part of the candy cane to be used as the “stir stick”. Remove the cookies from the oven and place a mini Reese’s cup into the middle of each cookie. Then once slightly cooled, place the candy cane stir stick into the mini Reese’s cup.
- Place the mini muffin pan and cookie cups into the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the Reese’s to harden back up and it makes it easier to remove the cookies from the pan. Once the cookies are fully cooled, melt the white chocolate in a small microwavable bowl.
- Use the “glue” to place the candy cane “handles” on the side of the cookie cup. Repeat for all cookie cups, and set them aside to dry for about 10 minutes. Once your handles are dry pipe white frosting onto the top of each cookie cup and top with holiday sprinkles. Enjoy!