With these S’mores Cookie Cups, you can enjoy the flavor of s’mores any time! Buttery graham cracker cups filled with toasted marshmallow and topped with Hershey’s Chocolate Bar, everyone will be asking for s’more!
Gimme S’mores Cookie Cups!
S’mores are such a fun (and delicious!) summer tradition. It’s hard to think of having a bonfire without this most favorite treat!
We definitely love s’mores made all sorts of different ways. One of the best ways to enjoy the flavors of s’mores, but without the fire part, is to make these S’mores Cookie Cups. Now you don’t have to wait for nice weather to have a fire and make s’mores!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make S’mores Cookie Cups (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Graham crackers – You will need 1 cup of graham crackers to make the cookie cups. This should be about 7 whole graham cracker sheets.
- Powdered sugar – Powdered sugar adds just the right sweetness to the graham crackers and also helps the graham cracker crumbs hold together a little better.
- Butter – Butter adds the moisture and rich flavor to the graham cracker cookie cups. We use salted butter.
- Marshmallows – Be sure to use the classic size of marshmallow, not mini marshmallows and not giant marshmallows. You’ll just need 12 marshmallows and you’ll cut them in half to make 24 little rounds.
- Chocolate bars – Our favorite is Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars! You can, of course, use any chocolate bars you like.
How to Make S’mores Cookie Cups
To make the S’mores Cookie Cups, start by mixing together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray, then spoon the graham cracker crumb mixture into the cups. Use your fingers or a mini tart shaper to press the crumbs into the bottom of each cup and up the sides.
Bake the graham cracker cups at 350ºF for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Cut the marshmallows in half and place one in each cup, cut side of the marshmallow down.
Broil the marshmallows for 1-2 minutes until toasty brown on top.
As soon as you take the s’mores cup out of the oven, put a piece of chocolate on top of each marshmallow. Let the s’mores cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then use a butter knife to life each one out of the pan.
Can I Use Other Types of Chocolate?
Yes! While we love the classic flavor of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate on our s’mores, you can get as creative as you want. Here are some ideas:
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Dark chocolate
- Bite size Snickers bars
- Hot fudge sauce
How Do I Store the Leftover S’mores?
Keep any leftover s’mores in an airtight container at room temperature. You can reheat them to melt the chocolate on a microwave safe plate in the microwave in 10 second increments.
More Cookie Cup Recipes For You To Try
- Boston Cream Pie Cookie Cups
- Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
- Peanut Butter Granola Cups
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups
S’mores Cookie Cups
- 1 cup finely crush graham cracker crumbs (about 7 whole graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 marshmallows (regular size, not mini marshmallows)
- 2 full size Hershey's Chocolate Bars, unwrapped and divided into 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter.
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop the graham cracker crust mixture into the 24 cups. Gently press the crumbs into the bottom of each cup and up the sides to form little cups.
- Bake the mini graham cracker crusts at 350F for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut each marshmallow in half to make 24 round marshmallows. Place one marshmallow in each graham cracker cup, cut side of the marshmallow facing down.
- Set the oven to broil. Place the pan of s'mores in the oven under the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes, just until the marshmallows are soft and beginning to look toasted. Note: the marshmallows can burn fast, so watch them very closely.
- Top each marshmallow with one piece of the Hershey's Chocolate Bar. Allow the s'mores to cool for 15 minutes, then use a butter knife to lift them from the pan.