Do you love chocolate chip cookies? Well, I may have one lovely new recipe for you and your family to try. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling will have your taste buds dancing in your mouth with a wonderful flavor and texture.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling are so amazing! This recipe is fairly easy to put together and you may already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. These Cookie Cheesecakes have a great chocolate chip cookie taste with a smooth and creamy texture. A chocolate chip crust with the cheesecake in the center, this recipe may become a favorite, so be sure to save this one.
Mini cheesecakes are simply divine little bite-sized treats. I think they are quickly becoming my favorite type of cheesecakes. I think it’s because since they are smaller, it doesn’t seem like such an indulgence. Regardless of what it is, all I know, is that they are little bites of perfection! If you are looking for more mini cheesecake recipes, I have a few you might just enjoy! Like my Mini Lemon Raspberry or my Mini Apple Pie. However, these Salted Caramel Minis are pure perfection.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This sugar will add richness to your cheesecake.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavoring.
- Water- This water will need to be hot for this recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your base cookie to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Chocolate Chips- You will be using the Ghirardelli Mini chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese- You will need this to be softened or at room temperature.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency of your batter.
- Lemon Juice- Use freshly squeezed lemon for the best result.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer and combine until smooth and creamy and until no lumps remain.
Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
Mix the baking soda into the hot water until completely dissolved. Then, add into the bowl.
Add the flour, salt, and chocolate chips into another bowl.
Combine both the mixtures in the standing mixer until incorporated.
Form the dough into large balls and put into the prepared muffin sections.
Put into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and use a shot glass to make an indent in the middle of the dough ball. Press until it forms to the muffin tin.
The glass is going to stick, so just slowly remove the dough from the glass and place it on a cooling rack. Do this until all the dough is used.
Begin to make the cheesecake filling when the dookie cups are finished cooling.
Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice into the bowl of a standing mixer and combine. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Add the filling into the cookie cups using a small spoon. Put the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Add a small amount into the middle of each cookie cup and swirl it.
Put the finished cookie cups into a sealed container and place in the fridge for about 4 hours or until set.
Serve and enjoy!
Can I Use Low-Fat Cream Cheese In Cheesecake?
For this Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake, you are recommended to use regular cream cheese. Depending on the recipe, low-fat cream cheese may have a different result, so please do try it out with regular cream cheese. However, using low-fat will be fine for this recipe.
What Makes the Base of this Mini Cookie Cups?
These Mini Cheesecakes are a bit on the creative side. You form a chocolate chip cookie into a thick bowl-like shape. You then prepare the filling and will add it into the center of the cookie bowl.
MORE MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPES
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup of butter - softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar - packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of hot water
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 package of cream cheese - 8 ounces - softened
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 drops of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate chips - melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and mix until smooth and creamy, and no lumps remain. Add the eggs, and vanilla, and mix well Place baking soda in the hot water, and dissolve. Add to mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, blend the flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Add to mixing bowl, and blend on low until all ingredients are well blended.
- Roll cookie dough into large balls, and place each ball in a muffin tin compartment. Place the muffin tin in the oven, and let dough bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the muffin tin, and with a shot glass, press down the center of the cookie dough ball, pressing it up the side of the muffin compartment, and forming a cookie cup. The cookie dough will stick to the shot glass, so just remove the cookie cup, and push it off of the shot glass onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- When cookie cups are cooled, make the Cheesecake filling. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and Lemon Juice. Mix all together until well blended, smooth, and creamy.
- Using a small spoon, fill the centers of the cookie cups with the cheesecake Filling. Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave, and swirl a small amount in the center of each cookie cup.
- Place the cookie cups in a container, in a single layer, and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Serve, and Enjoy!