We love these Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups for a delicious, bite-sized banana dessert recipe! So simple to make with prepared sugar cookie dough baked in a mini muffin pan then filled with banana pastry cream and topped with a fresh banana, you’ll love whipping up a batch of these cookie cups. It’s like having delicious banana cream pie in the form of a cookie!
Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
Banana pudding is a favorite dessert made with Nilla Wafers, vanilla pudding, whipped cream (or Cool Whip), and bananas. Because we love this dessert so much, we took the idea and created a really wonderful banana pudding cookie cup recipe. Best of all, with only 5 ingredients, this is so easy to make!
Watch How To Make It
Want to see how to make these banana pudding cookie cups step-by-step? Watch my video above to see how it’s done!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Banana flavor instant pudding mix
- Cool Whip
How to Make Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
These cookie cups with banana pudding are easier to make than you may think!
- Form the dough balls. Start by cutting the sugar cookie dough into 24 pieces, rolling each piece into a ball, and placing the dough balls into the wells of a mini muffin pan that has been greased with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake. Bake the cookie dough at 325ºF for 11-13 minutes until set. Use a mini tart shaper or the rounded end of a wooden spoon to form little cookie cups; set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pudding mix. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk and banana pudding mix.
- Add the Cool Whip. The pudding will be very thick and lumpy–this is normal. Add the Cool whip a little at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Fill the cookie cups. Scoop the banana cream filling into a zip top bag and cut off the corner to make a piping bag. Pipe the cream into the center of each completely cooled cookie cup. Aren’t they so pretty?!
- Add banana slices. Lastly, top each cookie cup with a slice of fresh banana.
Here are some ideas for little additions and variations you might want to try:
- Add cookie crumbs – Reserve one cookie cup and crumble it into fine crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over top of the banana cream filling in each cookie cup as extra garnish.
- Add chocolate – Drizzle chocolate sauce over each cookie cup.
- Try it with vanilla pudding – If you don’t like the banana flavored pudding, try vanilla instead.
- Turn it into a banana split – To make a banana split cookie cup, use vanilla pudding mix instead of banana. To top the cookie cup, add a slice of banana, a maraschino cherry, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep leftover cookie cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Serve chilled.
More Banana Desserts To Try
Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
- 16 ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3.4-ounce box banana flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 8-ounce tub Cool Whip
- 2 bananas sliced
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the sugar cookie dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Place the dough balls into the wells of the mini muffin pan. Bake at 325F for 11-13 minutes until set.
- Use a mini tart shaper or the rounded end of a wooden spoon to press the middle of each cookie down to form a cup. Set the cookies aside to cool to room temperature in the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk and instant banana pudding mix. Add the Cool Whip a little at a time, mixing well between each addition. Scoop the banana cream into a zip top bag and cut off one corner to make a piping bag.
- Use a butter knife to remove the cookie cups from the pan. Pipe the cream into the center of each room temperature cookie cup.
- Top each cookie cup with a slice of banana. Serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 24-cup mini muffin pan