Rolo Pretzel Turtles (3-Ingredients)
Rolo Pretzel Turtles are one of the easiest Treats you’ll ever make!! The combination of salted pretzels layered with chocolate caramel Rolo candies and topped with delicious pecans. These make fantastic Holiday gifts that everyone loves!
We love the chocolate caramel pecans combo and have made lots of other turtle recipes you may love including our Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters, Turtle Brownie Cheesecake, and Rolo Stuffed Salted Caramel Cookies.
Rolo Turtle Pretzels
Pretzel Turtles are hands down one of our favorite Holiday treats. These are SO EASY to make and a fun recipe to have the kids make. Well, it’s a stretch to call this a recipe because there are only 3-ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to make. They’re crunchy, salty, sweet, and loaded with chocolate and caramel. This is an easier version of the traditional turtle candy.
We make these for every Holiday party knowing that everyone will love them and they are so quick to make.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 bag of Rolos
- mini pretzels
- pecan halves
How To Make Turtles With Pretzels
These are also great if you have a large amount of gifts to give out for Christmas. You can easily double, triple, etc… to make hundreds of these to neighbors, friends, teachers, first responders, mail carriers, family and more!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place mini pretzels in a single layer onto a silicone mat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet
- Place unwrapped Rolo on top of each pretzel
- Bake for 2-3 minutes, or until the rolos have softened
- Gently press a pecan in the center of the melted Rolo
- Let cool
- Store in airtight containers and enjoy!
You can decorate pretzel turtles with a drizzle of melted chocolate (white or dark) or caramel sauce as well.
Can You Freeze Rolo Turtle Pretzels?
You sure can! Place in the freezer for 2-3 months if you want to make these ahead of time.
Can I Make Pretzel Turtles in the Microwave?
Yes! You definitely can, but we recommend making these in the oven. Microwaves are small and you will have to make small batches which will take longer. If you want to make a small amount, place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until the chocolate is soft enough to press on the pecan.
How Do You Store Pretzel Turtles?
Store pretzel turtles at room temperature or in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Place a piece of parchment paper between each layer so the chocolate and caramel doesn’t stick together. Keep at room temperature and out of warm places to prevent any melting.
Tips For Making Chocolate Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- For a different flavor you can toast your pecans first, or try making pretzel turtles with my Easy Candied Pecan Recipe.
- Make sure you press your pecans into the candy right away, while they’re still soft enough to form around the pecan and stick.
- Check up the candy by adding a Reese’s peanut butter up topped with chopped peanuts or a Hugs Peppermint Hershey’s Kiss with red/green M&M’s. Get creative!
- Add these to a decorative mason jar or tin to give away as holiday gifts!
Rolo Turtle Pretzels
- 11 ounces Rolo candies (1 bag or 50 Rolo candies)
- 50 pretzels (mini pretzels)
- 50 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Line the mini pretzels in a single layer on your baking sheet, then place one Rolo candy in the center of each pretzel. Warm in preheated oven just until chocolate and caramel have softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven then press 1 pecan in the middle of each Rolo candy. Transfer baking sheet to refrigerator and chill until chocolate has set (hardened back up).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.